Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Faulty Lens?

Back in December I finally got around to making an appointment to have my eyes checked and then, got myself not just one, but two new pair of much needed new glasses! (You know -one of those buy one pair, get the second pair for half price or some wacko deal like that -which according to my math, didn't exactly work out to what I thought it would, but anyway. I got the 2nd pair as my own insurance policy you could say. Since I am blind as a bat without my glasses, I figured if something happened to the one pair, like a broken lens or some such, I wouldn't be stuck and unable to see my hands before me then with a back-up pair.)

But anyway, so I got these new glasses, right? And I was kind of expecting miracles I guess that it would enable me to see, to read better but somehow or other now, other things are happening.

I find myself reading things but I am reading them incorrectly it seems. Mixing up words sometimes and kind of misplacing letters which then confuses the heck out of me and I have to go back and read and re-read stuff several times then as a result of that little problem.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the lens on the new glasses but the rate with which these mix-ups are taking place has me wondering if I have developed a severe case of dyslexia in my old age!

Darned good thing I'm not looking for any finance jobs is it -considering how frequently I am mixing up numbers when I read!

About two weeks ago, I misread a viewing time for a friend who had died and mentioned this to my good friend, Shirley. We both had a good laugh over that because it seems she too is experiencing the same problem with her reading!

Misery does love company though, ya know!


Maggie May said...

I'm often typing words the wrong way round. It seems to be happening more frequently. I don't think it is anything to do with the lens somehow.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Suldog said...

Hmmmmmm. Can you develop dyslexia? I thought you had to be born with it. Interesting.

Travis Cody said...

Yikes! Here's another reminder that I need to stop procrastinating and get my eyes examined!

terri said...

I transpose letters and numbers all the time - I think because I look at them and type them all day long. You're in good company with that problem, I think!

Sandi McBride said...

I love cabbage, corned beef and, rolled, fried, boiled with potatoes

just love love love that green c veggie! Invite me for dinner, there will be no leftovers!!!