Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Faulty Lens?

Back in December I finally got around to making an appointment to have my eyes checked and then, got myself not just one, but two new pair of much needed new glasses! (You know -one of those buy one pair, get the second pair for half price or some wacko deal like that -which according to my math, didn't exactly work out to what I thought it would, but anyway. I got the 2nd pair as my own insurance policy you could say. Since I am blind as a bat without my glasses, I figured if something happened to the one pair, like a broken lens or some such, I wouldn't be stuck and unable to see my hands before me then with a back-up pair.)

But anyway, so I got these new glasses, right? And I was kind of expecting miracles I guess that it would enable me to see, to read better but somehow or other now, other things are happening.

I find myself reading things but I am reading them incorrectly it seems. Mixing up words sometimes and kind of misplacing letters which then confuses the heck out of me and I have to go back and read and re-read stuff several times then as a result of that little problem.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the lens on the new glasses but the rate with which these mix-ups are taking place has me wondering if I have developed a severe case of dyslexia in my old age!

Darned good thing I'm not looking for any finance jobs is it -considering how frequently I am mixing up numbers when I read!

About two weeks ago, I misread a viewing time for a friend who had died and mentioned this to my good friend, Shirley. We both had a good laugh over that because it seems she too is experiencing the same problem with her reading!

Misery does love company though, ya know!

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

I'm often typing words the wrong way round. It seems to be happening more frequently. I don't think it is anything to do with the lens somehow.
Scary!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Suldog said...

Hmmmmmm. Can you develop dyslexia? I thought you had to be born with it. Interesting.

Travis Cody said...

Yikes! Here's another reminder that I need to stop procrastinating and get my eyes examined!

terri said...

I transpose letters and numbers all the time - I think because I look at them and type them all day long. You're in good company with that problem, I think!

Sandi McBride said...

I love cabbage, corned beef and, rolled, fried, boiled with potatoes

just love love love that green c veggie! Invite me for dinner, there will be no leftovers!!!
hugs
Sandi