Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Bit of an Eye-Opener!

Boy, with the way prices are going up lately, seems everything is coming under scrutiny these days as people are trying to find some way to get the things they need for less money!

I know, for myself, I'm trying to limit how much driving I do so I can save a few bucks at least on gasoline now. Sheesh, it's back up to $3.69 a gallon here now and that's for the regular gas, not any of the supposedly High-Test stuff. Fortunately, I don't have to run here and there all that often and usually can manage to get the groceries I need or other things if/when I do have to run over to Clearfield for a doctor's appointment or lab work at the hospital.

Make one trip do for any many as I can -that's my mantra these days.

Ken -Mandy's friend -was doing a bit of complaining, of sorts, recently about the cost of his car insurance as he was paying about the same just for liability coverage as Mandy and I each pay for full coverage so he had Mandy doing some research for him online to try to find some cheap auto insurance. To be honest, I don't think such an animal exists but what the heck do I know.

Frankly, I've long ago decided I will stay with the company I deal with because I've had my insurance with them for close to 30 years now and thus far, for the coverage I have (and Mandy too, as she deals with the same company) I'm very happy with them and their rates.

Sure, a little less would be nice I suppose, but I do have a couple little extras in there that would run a bit higher with other companies and I don't care to do without them.

That, plus the fact that any time we've had to file a claim, we've received very good, fast service too and that, plus the fact, I think if you move your coverage around too much, you may end up with a company that cancels you too as soon as you do need their services.

So, guess I'll just deal with what I consider to be the tried and true then.

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

The cost of living has shot up over here and food is getting to be a LUXURY that we can hardly do without though!
Gas and electricity bills are zooming up as well as the other house hold bills.
The cost of fuel in England is more than double that you pay and going up all the time.
Makes you wonder where it will all end.
Maggie X

Nuts in May