Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Confused!!!

I know, I know - using that as my title is a bit silly isn't it? Those who know me really well would say, "What else is new?" and they would be correct there too.

Today, the thing that has me confused pertains to an e-mail I received this morning. A couple who are friends of mine sent me this piece which, quite frankly, I really didn't like the article or its tenets one bit. Not that I am a huge fan of Wal-mart, but the things listed in this article that they are slamming Wal-mart for, in my opinion, are some good things Wal-mart is actually trying to do in order to educate their employees about diversity issues, for one thing!

There is one thing on this article though which does have me very confused and that is where they state that Wal-mart promotes the sale of homosexual items on their website. Now, what in the heck are "homosexual items" that could be offered for sale by Wal-mart on their website?

If any of you, my readers out there, straight or gay, has an answer to that one, please let me know! Take the pains to get me "unconfused" at least on one thing here today, will ya?

Here now is the article I received and you can read it all for yourself and let me know your thoughts on the piece, this group too, in general, if you please!

Thank you so very much and have a good day!



Donald E. WildmonFounder and Chairman
November 20, 2006
Please help us get this information into the hands of as many people as possible by forwarding it to your entire email list of family and friends.
Send A Message To Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, Don't Shop With Them This Friday Or Saturday

Dear Cheryl,
We have asked our supporters not to shop at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club this coming Friday or Saturday. Thus far nearly 400,000 families have agreed not to shop at Wal-Mart on those days. We suggest you shop with your local merchants. Here is why we are asking you not to shop at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club this Friday or Saturday:
Wal-Mart gave $60,000 to homosexual group to support homosexual agenda in the workplace
Wal-Mart made a generous donation to the Northwest Arkansas Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center
Wal-Mart sells pro-homosexual items from their website
Wal-Mart asks for, and receives, permission to join Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Wal-Mart invites homosexual ad agency to headquarters for 2-day seminar to indoctrinate employees.
Last March, Wal-Mart chose to promote "Brokeback Mountain" video over a top-selling family-oriented film. Wal-Mart began taking advance orders of the homosexual love movie, "Brokeback Mountain." A large display greeted customers when they walked through the front doors of the store. "Brokeback Mountain" was released the same day as best selling pro-family movie, "The Chronicles of Narnia" which Wal-Mart did not promote.
Take Action
Please sign the pledge not to shop at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club this Friday or Saturday. It is very important that you forward this email to your friends and family letting them know of the homosexual activists attempt to reward Wal-Mart for their support of groups promoting homosexual marriage.
Click Here to Sign the Pledge Now! If you think our efforts are worthy, would you please support us with a small gift? Thank you for caring enough to get involved.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I don't know what articles Wal-Mart sells that are homosexual. I did see Brokeback Mountain though. Yes it has some homosexual scenes in it. On another point, I believe you said this before, are we as Christians supposed to love our neighbors. Even though they may have a different view on life? It just makes me wonder what these folks may end up doing to push there own agenda.