Sunday, November 19, 2006

Check This Out!

Good Sunday Morning to everyone! And, after reading an e-mail response I got from a guy trying to help me understand more about my blog and problems I have been having with it, I think maybe I can say too "It's a beautiful day here in Pennsylvania!"

I've been trying for the past couple of days to put something on my blog - a header over the links I have there - and all to no avail! Everything I did, came out wrong.

So, I e-mailed this gentleman (Peter) who had helped me a few weeks back - early on in my blogging experience anyway - and asked him if he could help me and if it could be done using really simple, easy-to-understand English (not lots of computerese talk) for this blogger dummie!

What I got back from him was indeed really easy - I think - to understand. And, I have posted on my links site too, the blogsite of his with his explanation and solution - complete with screen shots plus as easy as one can possibly make it instructions to use! I'm still not 100% sure I resolved my problem but you can see I do have a header above my links that says "Blogs I Like To Read" now, so I maybe at least got half the battle won!

Anyway, Peter (my quasi-instructor here) informed me that several of his friends and acquaintances, etc., had been prodding him about the idea of putting his instructions together into perhaps an e-book type of thing - really true blogging for dummies instructions - and if all the things he could sandwich into a book like that, under the various headings for those of us who are computer challenged from time to time (or all the time!), were posted in an easy-to-follow format like what he has in this link, do you think it would be something helpful for you, that you might access when you hit on a problem, have a question about blogging, etc?

Check it out and let me know your thoughts on this!

And, here's hoping his suggestions to me really do hold water too!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm glad you got help with your blog. I'll check it out.

Shelby said...

Good Sunday morning to you! I will check out the suggestions.. I'm a big time beginner at this, so all he help is appreciated.
take care