Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Toys, Toys!

How do people keep up with all the toys on the market these days anyway?

I know I sure as heck have no clue about many of the things other people talk about when it comes to things like toys, that much is for sure!

The other day, I had to make a trip to Walmart and I had the pleasure (say that sarcastically, please) of having to take Maya and Kurtis, both, with me! Now there's an experience, believe me!

(Kurtis may have announced the other day that he doesn't like going into K-Mart because he doesn't want the blue light talking to him, but trust me, he has no fears, no qualms, whatsoever where Walmart is concerned!)

I had to get some prescriptions filled so had to kill some time till they were ready and of course, the kids wanted to look at toys. Okay, look but don't touch and don't drive Gram crazy over the stuff. Sounded like a decent game plan to me until Kurtis started announcing to just about anyone he saw in the aisles that he was going to get this item for Christmas and this one for his birthday and back and forth and so on went his little litany throughout the toy department. It was vaguely reminiscent to me of years back when his mother used to grab the Christmas Catalog and then mark her name by almost every item shown there to indicate to me that she wanted those things!

Like Mother, Like Son, I'm thinking!

At least when my kids were growing up I didn't have to try to figure out what various toys were for anyway though -like a wii sports resort for example! What the heck is that anyway? I have no clue!

Life was a whole lot simpler back then when my kids were growing up -Cabbage Patch Dolls and Tonka Trucks -now those things I understood.

But guess this just shows I am truly an out-dated old Grammie after all, doesn't it?

2 comments:

terri said...

Kids throughout history have done exactly as Kurtis did during your Walmart trip. Some things never change!

Wii Sports Resort is one that I know! We have it for our Wii system. Kurtis might be a little too young to appreciate such a video game though. He'll probably be happier with a good old-fashioned Tonka truck!

Anonymous said...

A very Merry Christmas to you, Jeni. I hope to be visiting more often once I get through Postaday 2011.