Thursday, December 15, 2011

Remember This?

A friend of mine -who recently had major abdominal surgery -and I were chatting a week or so back, comparing notes on our surgeries and such. We got to talking too about the surgeons we'd each dealt with and I told her the story about how I just about scared the living daylights, I think, out of the guy who had done my colo-rectal resection.

I'd gone in for my six-week checkup. The nurse had been in and taken my blood pressure, weight and those little preliminary things and after a brief wait, the surgeon came in, all smiles and happy.

"And, just how's Miss Jeni today anyway?" he asked.

I looked up at him and tried to put the fiercest glare I could possibly muster up in my eyes and in a very firm, angry voice, I told him, "Buddy, I hope your coverage's from mymedicalmalpracticeinsurance.com is all up-to-date because I'm gonna sue you for malpractice and just about anything else I can think of as well."

I wish I'd had a camera with me to get a picture of him because the stunned look on his face was something to behold!

He stuttered and stammered around a bit, finally asking me what was wrong that I wanted to do that and I told him, "You told me before I had the surgery that I would lose at least 10-12 pounds, ya know." And, he nodded, saying "Well, how much weight did you lose?"

With that I started to laugh and told him "Two lousy pounds and no, you're not going back in for the other 10 that were left behind!"

I swear he looked about ready to break out into a cold sweat before I finally told him that last line.

I do love pulling stunts like that from time to time, don't you?

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Good one! It's not often we're given the chance to pull off such a fine joke!