Sunday, October 14, 2007

Middle-of-the-Month Bushisms

My apologies for the lateness of this post today. But boy, it's been a busy day for me and I'm just now - at 11:45 p.m. - getting around to posting for today.

It was a light-sleep night for openers as Kurtis didn't like the idea of calling it a day until about 2 a.m. this morning. Then, I had to get up early to shower, get my hair dried, dress for church and get there by start time at 9:30 this morning. Mandy, Miss Maya and I all went to the service and Maya did very well today. The only time she got a bit unruly was when we took communion. For openers, she insisted on getting one of the little individual cups for wine - although there is no way she is "taking" communion! Too comical though to see her as she knelt at the altar, holding her own little cup. But that went fine it was on our return to our pew that she tried to take off on us as she saw a lady with her two small girls - one who is 6 months younger than Maya and the other is 17 months old -and Maya wanted to go sit with them. She ended up laying down in the back aisle behind the pew where we were seated and the poor ushers had to step over her to get through there. But, that was her only outburst so we were pleased.

After church, I had to go to Clearfield to follow my son over there as he had to bring the big truck home last evening instead of parking it in Harrisburg. The reason for that? Because his "boat" or "air liner" or "yacht" - as we all tease him and call his big old 1969 Cadillac those nicknames - broke down on him in Harrisburg when he went to work Tuesday a.m. and he couldn't drive it home. Lovely mess, huh? So I had to go to Clearfield where he parked the truck and then we went to Walmart together so we could both pick up a few necessities for our homes. After I got back home, it was time for me to fix supper and after supper, I spent several hours then surfing photos a friend of mine has on his webshots to try to download some of them and hopefully, use one of them then for a new banner header on my blog. That is, if all works out ok! We shall see.

So that's why I am so late posting tonight and before it gets any later, I best get moving and put up this week's Bushisms for my faithful, loyal readers who wait with baited breath for this stuff.

Monday, October 15, 2007

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."

--In response to a question about whether he wished he could take bck any of his answers in the first debate; Reynoldsburg, Ohio; October 4, 2000.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"The way I like to put it is this. There's no bigger issue for the president to remind the moms and dads of America, if you happen to have a child, be fortunate to have a child."

--Washington, D.C.; March 7, 2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read--Iunderstand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do."

--On abortion' interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC's Hardball; May 31, 2000

Thursday, October 18, 2007


"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend."

--On the prospect of visiting Denmark; Washington, D.C.; June 29, 2005

Friday, October 19, 2007

"I think he needs to stand up and say if he thought the president were wrong on policy and issues, he ought to say where."

--Interview with The Associated Press; August 11, 2000

Saturday and Sunday, October 20/21, 2007

"If you found somebody that had information about an attack on America, you'd want to know as best as we can to find out what the facts are."

--Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; December 12, 2005.

And there you have 'em - incredible as they are. The truth and nothing but the truth, straight from the Horse's Mouth!

6 comments:

Berni said...

Does he really really say these things. I have heard him a few times on TV and he never has made a blunder there. Maybe Canadian TV edits them. We are so polite. LOL

BTW I have had to put comment moderation on as I have a real jack-ass of a person visiting leaving pages of irrelevant and harassing comments. I think I have caught them before anyone else has read but it is a nuisance.

Jeni said...

To my knowledge, these are all true quotes. I've never heard him utter any of these myself - just read them on my calendar. But I would imagine if one wanted to really check it out, since it gives the date and where the quote was made, it could be verified then.

Understandable about the comment verification thing. I'd been thinking about taking that off my blog but now that you mentioned this stuff happening, I think I'll just leave it as it is.

Stine said...

What a wonderful, clear-minded individual for the mightiest job on the planet... I really like the first one. Says it all!
Why don't you jump on a virtual plane, then a virtual bus and get yourself over here???
Plenty of cake on offer today!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Jeni,

Maybe he has a scriptwriter who actually writes this stuff!

lattégirl said...

Speaking of spam comments... how timely.

masgblog said...

Bush simply has a way with words, and to that I say *groan*