Saturday, October 13, 2007

No Comparisons

Dr. Sardonicus -of Pole Hill Sanitorium - tagged me for this meme - in which I am supposed to select three posts of mine which I think are or should be or something to that effect "my greatest hits" of my blogging career, such as that is. I am then supposed to put my name and the titles of these three pieces at the bottom of this listing of what other bloggers consider to be their best or favorite works of blogging art. That's my summary of this MEME anyway.

Because I generally can't remember beyond a max of five hours most of the time what I wrote about under a given title, to try to figure out which of my posts were the most riveting, or funniest, or made a good social commentary or statement, took a whole lot of time and work on my part. I went back over my posts for the past year - thank goodness I haven't been blogging longer than that or I'd probably be glued to the computer and reading old posts for the next week or two. I came across some I had liked a lot about my granddaughter, Princess Maya, and many of her antics, things she's learned over the past year and I considered just using three of those pieces. There were others I liked a lot too for various reasons and it was difficult for me to select three posts because if you read the posts of the other bloggers who were tagged ahead of me, you understand why I chose for my title of this post "No Comparisons."

You see, these folks are what I would call "heavy hitters" in the blogosphere and by comparison, my posts, my blog in general is basically very "lightweight." Mine is also often - or perhaps it would be more accurate to call it "rambling" to say the least. I write the same way I talk and that is something my kids get on me all the time about how I drift from one thing to another and though in my mind, I may think I have a good segue going from topic to topic, the end result is often somewhat (?) convoluted.

But anyway, I did finally decide on three specific posts - one is pretty sentimental and is a tribute to the man who was my boss many years ago. The other two are about serious issues - domestic abuse and violence and a subject that is usually not one folks like to talk about - suicide. I don't know that these are my best pieces - not sure if I have one of those. But the latter ones are things that have had an impact over the years on my life and they are both issues about which I have very strong feelings. But if you're looking for something a bit more on the light and airy side, just weed through my blog and you'll find a goodly number of stories about my kids, grandkids - especially my little Princess, Maya.

Now - here then are the rules and regulations to this MEME - stolen from Dr. Sardonicus' blog in a very bold, brazen manner too. I have edited a couple of his paragraphs out mainly because I've hit pretty heavily the past couple of weeks on the Technorati authority/ratings bit.

Out of the south comes Christie Fermicat with the meme of the moment. "SEO" stands for Search Engine Optimization; the idea originated from Revellian.com, a site dedicated to spreading imaginative ways for bloggers to increase traffic.

The meme consists of a chain of bloggers listing three of their favorite posts. Each participating blogger simply adds three favorite posts to the end of the chain, and passes it on. Each time the chain is reposted on another blog, it lets people know about your blog you normally wouldn't reach, and it also helps you build Technorati authority, for those who care about such things.

Here's the official instructions for this meme from Revellian.com: (Those participating in the meme are required to copy these instructions.)

"This seo meme was conceived and designed by Bobby at Revellian.com. This is a new fun seo meme ride for us all. This is based on the seo theory that links to posts inside your blog are more important than links to your home page. I have selected three posts I want to promote along with my site’s name. You will do the same thing.

Let’s keep it simple and spread our good work around to both share and build some ratings! Make sure you pick three posts that you feel are your best. You could also select 3 posts you simply want to promote. Your site name is listed with your 3 selected posts beneath.

Once you have your post up: Add the sites and post links of the folks you tagged onto your post. Try to add the site and post links to anyone involved to maximize the effectiveness. Tag a minimum of 5 people.
Try your best not to double tag people so it will spread better! Please actually read the posts from everyone so you can see some really good work from our beloved blogging friends! Make your title a little different from mine to avoid repetitive titles."


Here be the list:

Revellian dot com: SEO Keywords For Beginners, Content: The Kings Illegitimate Stepchild, Tales of Blogger-X Illusion

Mariuca - Wishing On A Falling Star: Love In Disarray, In Love With A Dream, The Good Client

Mariuca's Perfume Gallery: Perfume Shopping Spree, Defining Beauty, In Full Splendour

Speedcat Hollydale Page: Rocket Boy In Hawaii - DC9, Speedcat's Death Ride Into Terror!, The Boy Inside All Men

Terri Terri Quite Contrary: Just How Immature Are We?, Finding A Voice, So Much More To See Than The Game

Mahala: Uncle Huberts Custom Cows, Pray For The Child At Big Lots, The Legend of Saushie's Crotch

Tiff: How Am I Like Ron Weasley, A Social Experiment, Absolutely Boring Entry 101

Cosmic Cat: Just An Ordinary Thursday Night..., Not Gone With The Wind. Just Gone., The "Weekly Thoughtful Reminder" And Other Hazards Of Working

Pole Hill Sanitarium: 756, Stocking Stuffer, Why It Matters

Down River Drivel
: A Sudden Ending - Tough Nut to Chew - Here's To You -Mr. B.

Be sure to leave a comment at Revellian.com when you're done so Bobby can add you to his list.

And, as go all MEMEs, I am to TAG at least three other bloggers to spend days, maybe even weeks, mulling over their best works so with that in mind here then are my choices:

From Calgary, Alberta - Bob Johnson's Letters I Wish I'd Sent - for some humor!

California resident, originally from England, Maddie - with her discussions of life with children who are autistic - Whitterer on Autism.

Another Pennsylvania blogger who puts out some really interesting perspectives - Bruce

And, from Arizona - one of the nicest ladies you'll ever come across - Debo Blue of A Blue State of Mind.

Now - go forth and multiply!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes I love your princess Maya stories- but I like how you weave everything that is going on in your life together.

I think I only read one of your heavy hitter stories-and it is always good to reflect on such stuff. I wrote one of my masters research papers on teenage suicide, after one of the girls in my class slit her wrists.

dr sardonicus said...

Good posts. I wouldn't worry about them not stacking up with the rest of the list.

I wouldn't consider myself to be a heavy hitter. One of the internets' best-kept secrets, perhaps...

Debo Blue said...

Thanks for the invite but I'm still trying to be a small fish in a large pond. Driving folks to my site may have negative impacts to me. Because I don't post as often as you.

I'm glad I don't have to pick my favourites of yours though, it'd be too difficult!

Natalie said...

Those are great posts! Don't underestimate yourself. Everyone has their own style, have confidence in yours and it will shine through.

Jeni said...

magnetbabe has left a new comment on your post "No Comparisons":

Those are great posts! Don't underestimate yourself. Everyone has their own style, have confidence in yours and it will shine through.

I had to copy this over because of the comment modification which was working in that it notified me of the comment, but wasn't working, because when I tried to publish it, it wouldn't publish. ARRGH! Go figure!

Linda said...

I think you chose very good posts and I want to thank you so very, very much for not tagging me for this one as I just don't have the time to sit and go over old posts! Besides, what I think might be my best are probably not what others might think are my best!

Besides, I'd like to think that my best has not be written ... yet!