Vic Grace at Cariboo Ponderer who was tagged by The Insane Writer. Not too sure why it is called that but a great way to promote other blogs
The Rules of this tag:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List ten (10) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eleven people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. These 11 persons would have to tag 12 people
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.
The Random Facts About Little Ol' Me:
1. I was born in this very house I live in today -63 years ago this month. If you guess the correct date -and time - of my entry into the world, you might just qualify for a wonderful surprise (to be chosen by me and determined at a later date.)
2. I guess you could say I am the epitomy of a "Coal miner's daughter" being the descendant of coal miners back through my mother's paternal grandfather and documented through both my great-grandfather's on my Dad's side and probably a couple generations before that in Scotland too. Not sure -did they have coal miners in Sweden? (ALthough I think my Swedish great-grandfather was in the Army there and before that, a farmer.)
3. I was the only child my second grade teacher ever had in her 40 some years of teaching who brought the Reader's Digest to school and was able to read it too! Yes, I did that! Loved it and National Geographic too from the time I was able to hold a magazine in my hot little hands (and not for the pictures of the naked natives in the National Geographic either. So there!)
4. I was a tomboy when I was a kid -but one who also loved to play with dolls until I was probably 11 or 12 years old.
5. I read the book "Not as a Stranger" when I was 9 years old -read it again when I was about 12-13 and the third time, when I was 17 years old. Amazing how much more I understood of the dialogue by the time I read it at 17. LOL
6. I am the only kid to grow up on this street who hit a car while sled riding on the hill across the road from our house. I am also the only kid who was sled riding that day whose mother didn't come out to make sure it wasn't her child who hit that car too. As I staggered across the road, dragging my mangled sled behind me, down to the front door, my Mom greeted me at the door saying "Oh, was that you that hit that car with the sled?" Gee Ma, thanks for the concern there!
7. I drove my Mom's car up the road past our house -roughly 1/2 mile -turned it around and brought it back and parked it when I was 11 years old. If my grandparents hadn't both still been alive when I did that, I may not have lived to be here to talk about that event - that's how angry my Mom was that I'd done that!
8. In high school, my nick name was "Iron Jaw." Gee, how the heck did my classmates come up with that one for me?
9. I have been divorced for 27 years; raised three children (2 girls and a boy) alone; have 3 biological grandchildren (2 boys and 1 girl) and 3 stepgrandchildren (2 girls and 1 boy). My granddaughter who will be 4 this month is autistic; we think her baby brother who will soon be 18 months may also be autistic. It makes life with two small children very "interesting" -also often very frustrating too - to say the least.
10. According to an article I read online tonight -which my blogger Buddy Bruce had referred to in his blog (go read it here) about people who are introverts, I often appear to people to be very extroverted when in fact I am actually much more of an introvert - my daughter says I am pretty much both. I think any more I am really just an old recluse hunched over the computer, surfing the night and most of the day away on the internet. Which do you think I am?
Now - the rules of this say I am supposed to tag 11 people and each of them is to tag 12 people and on and on, upward bound in the tagged bloggers count. However, I am not a very big fan of MEMES - generally I only do the really easy and silly ones cause I usually can't think of enough weirdness about myself simply because the questions always make more brain cells of mine -which are already in a very limited supply - to whither up and die. So I am not going to tag anyone specifically but if you like this particular MEME and are interested in "stealing" it to use it, please do, with my blessings too! Just remember to say where you stole it and who sent it to me and so on, so forth. Ya'll know what I mean!