Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rats! Another Appointment.

A couple of weeks back, I got a phone call from my family doctor -or my PCP (Primary Care Physician) and she asked me to please come in to her office and see her, as there was something she wanted to discuss with me.

So, I made the appointment, went in and learned she had noticed some discrepancies between a test that had been done on me recently and the test results she had for me from July. This involved a cardiograph type test, you know, with the ecg machines and that kind of stuff. Although she said it maybe isn't anything at all to worry about, saying perhaps my stress levels were really up or something that day, she still thought it would be best if I saw the cardiologist over in Clearfield.

Well, it dawned on me that the day I'd had that most recent test was also the day of the first -and infamous failed -chemo treatment, during which I had a horrendous allergic reaction to the chemo and had to be taken from the cancer clinic to the hospital E.R. via ambulance. Shucks, no wonder there were some slight differences in the test results.

Well, I thought that she had decided then to not have me see the cardiologist then, thinking the whole discrepancy thing was due to the stress levels of that particular day but I found out today, I was wrong.

When we got home from our little shopping jaunt, there was a message on my answering machine telling me that I now have an appointment in late November to see the darned cardiologist after all.

Sheesh! That will really have me all stressed out for sure because you can't have caffeine for x-number of hours before any of his examinations and tests and the same applies to nicotine too. We'll have none of that either!

No morning coffee, no morning smoke?

I'm dead meat, folks!

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

Theres nothing like a test like that to get the old pulse racing!
Better to be safe than sorry though.
Hope you are getting on well with your chemo. You seem to be doing great!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

terri said...

I have a feeling you'll survive. You're a pretty tough cookie :-)

Anonymous said...

UGH! I so feel for you Jeni.. The medical merry-go-round sucks!
They gave me the WRONG chemo for my first two treatments! Even after I kept asking them, "Is this supposed to feel like lava pulsating thru my veins???" The pain was excruciating and FINALLY nurse #4 took notice and apologized.. I felt like because I was stage 4 they figured I was a goner anyway so who cares what was going thru my body..
God Bless you as you go thru this Jeni.. Hugs!

Travis Cody said...

It sounds like you're keeping your good attitude through all of this, and I've found that's an important part of any extended treatment. Good luck!