Tuesday, January 02, 2007

More Bushisms!

The past two or three days and the entrys made have all centered on my family tree history - a little bit of pictoral stuff and some explanations about what little I really do know about the people who long ago and in some cases, far away, are ultimately responsible for my being here today.

And in doing those pieces, I didn't think it would be appropriate to toss in one or two or so of these lovely little "Bushisms" from the desk calendar my daughter so kindly provided me as one of my Christmas gifts this year.

She knows exactly how I feel about our wonderful "Mr President" and knew, all too well, how much enjoyment I would get from reading these little quotes. I don't know that she thought I would take to putting a couple of them in my blog almost every day but that's beside the point. My aim is to share what little I have and if I enjoy these things, then surely the odds are that there are plenty of others who might just stumble across my pieces of prose that include some of these quotes and maybe it just might brighten someone else's day too!

The next "Bushism" in line for me to cite is shown for Thursday, January 11, 2007 - see, I'm keeping you at least a week ahead now too in this process. (Don't want anyone to miss any of these gems, you know.)

"Nothing he [Saddan Hussein] has done has convinced me -I'm confident the Secretary of Defense-that he is the kind of fellow that is willing to forgo weapons of mass destruction, is willing to be a peaceful neighbor, that is - will honor the people- the Iraqi people of all stripes, will- values human life. He hasn't convinced me, nor has he convinced my administration." (Crawford, Texas, August 21, 2002)

Now, what the heck does all that above really mean anyway? I have yet to figure out exactly what in blue blazes the man was trying to say here.

However, considering the events of this past weekend, which included the execution of Saddam Hussein - finally - I guess one could consider this quote to be pretty appropriate. I don't think anyone really understood Hussein all that well either, except that he was a dictator, a murderer, thief, crooked politician and all that kind of obscene stuff.

We'll just let it all go at that!

No comments: