Boy, asking me to do anything that means I have to make a choice is really a difficult task for me. I can't make a decision about what color I should pick if I find a sweater I like and it comes in only two different shades! And to expect me to answer questions like those in the lovely MEME my friend over at It's About Time sent me with one answer, I'm lucky my pea brain didn't explode trying to reach a decision on these questions. She got this MEME from Barb at Skittle's Place and Barb calls this, so I've been told, the THINKING MEME, and it sure as heck is that!
But here goes my answers - for better or worse!! You don't expect these answers to be one word things now I hope. Do you? If so, just skip over this puppy right now cause there's no way that's ever gonna happen - not with me, not in my lifetime!
The Thinking Meme
Skittles referred to this as 'The Thinking Meme'. Well , it certainly is that (now my head hurts).Here we go...like it or not....
1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be? If this means, what would I give up, that’s something some would say should be an easy choice for me to make because it should be smoking. But gee, as I told our former postmaster here about 10-15 years or so back, “We all have to go some way and I’ve already determined for me, it won’t be from an overdose of sex, so it may as well be from something I enjoy.” Wouldn’t hurt either though if I gave up cursing – my sailor’s vocabulary that can frequently erupt isn’t a good thing to have either. Drinking isn’t really a problem since I maybe indulge in at most now, maybe a case of beer a year! But truth be told, those vices are all ones which can be seen or heard by the outside world and I really think I’d be much better served if I would at least work on, if not get rid of this completely, being envious of others. Maybe, losing that one would/could lead a bit easier to losing some of the other vices mentioned above too.
2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be? The hatred that causes people to war against each other for what many deem to be religious issues but if they were actually true followers of whatever religion they profess to have, they wouldn’t be wanting to kill others but rather to convert them and show love and compassion – don’t ‘cha think?
3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most. Well, my favorite cartoon character is the Roadrunner but it is his nemesis, Wily B. Coyote, mainly because everything he tries to do usually ends up in ruins! Not that I am unlucky or anything you know but……
4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?Definitely not my wedding day –that’s out of the question for sure. Got three kids so I can’t say the birth of a child because that would be three different days. I think it might just be the day I graduated from Penn State – May 14, 1994 – simply because it was so awesome for me to get to walk across that stage, in full view of both my daughters, my dear Aunt Mary, and my cousin Ken and his wife, Laura! I was so happy and excited, heart pounding away, and so proud of myself for finally completing some thing that really took a heck of a lot of work on my part to do!
5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be? Lots of people from history that I think would be so great to be able to talk to but for me, to go back in time and spend a day with just one person, I would want it to be my Dad and have me at an age where I would be able to talk with him, get to know what he was like, what he was about, how he felt about serious things and silly things. Just to see if I was blessed with any of the same attributes, you know.
6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back? The photograph album my dad had put together back in the 30’s that had oodles of photos in it of him, his mother, his siblings along with many relatives from “out west” (Montana/Wyoming) who I have never met, who probably never even heard of me. It was destroyed in the fire in my son’s bedroom in April of 1990.
7. What is your one most important contribution to this world? That I am passionate about my beliefs and have tried my best to teach decency and good values to my kids and am trying to do the same with my grandchildren now to try to eradicate the bias and discrimination and hatred that permeates so much of society, one person at a time, maybe, but trying anyway.
8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about? It used to be that I could tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. Heck of a talented person I am, huh?
9. What is your most cherished possession? A fleece jacket that had belonged to a very dear elderly gentleman friend of mine and after his death, his family had given us some of his clothing that was still usable that perhaps my son or son-in-law could use and this jacket was in the mix. I tried it on and it fit me – it’s a man’s jacket but because of the color (Gray) and it zips, it’s kind of unisex. Anytime I put it on, it reminds me of what a wonderful guy he was, what a great friend to me and my children and it warms my body now, just like his presence once warmed my soul.
10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up? I had lots of people “to blame” –Mom, Grandparents, aunts/uncles but probably a toss-up between either my Aunt Mary, who just died this past October and who taught me many, many things or my dad’s baby sister, my Aunt Mike, from whom I think I learned perseverance just from watching her determination to continue to care for her severely handicapped (physically and mentally) daughter for the past almost 50 years now. 11. What one word describes you better than any other?Probably friendly – most of the time, unless you call me and you are a bill collector. That tends to unleash all sorts of venomous behavior and language from me!
Now - who to tag next for this MEME?
Deb at http://a-blue-state-of-mind.blogspot.com/
Smalltown RN at http://qualicumrn.blogspot.com/
Sandy at http://www.todaythedragonwins.blogspot.com/
Dorothy at http://overthehillchick.blogspot.com/
and Papagale at http://www.freewebs.com/pappagale/
Hopefully, I did that right! But anyway, Tag! You're all IT!