Monday, April 02, 2007

Got an Obsession?

Here's a little MEME - sent to me by Mau at It's About Time. She must have read enough of my posts to decide I definitely have some obsessions and figured it was time I fully acknowledged them too!

I have been asked to list 5 things that I can call an obsession. I am to tag five people to do the same.

Five things I can admit to being obsessed with:

  1. YARN - just found some Lion Brand Fun Fur (Stripes type) last week at a buck a skein - it normally sells for about $4-5 a skein. Who could possibly pass that up? Obsession? I think not but others tell me I definitely am!

  2. BOOKS - Oh yeah, now that I have a membership to Barnes & Noble and can get books at some pretty good discounts, you betcha I am obsessed there. My favorite author at this time - Jodi Picoult. I think my daughter and I only have 5 more of her books now we haven't read.

  3. COOKBOOKS - Not that I necessarily use them all that often to actually fix stuff from the recipes but I sure do love to look lovingly at the recipes, pictures, drool all over the pages. I suppose if I tried something and it didn't turn out I could always say that my drooling on the pages blurred the instructions though, couldn't I?

  4. BLOGGING - Yeah, I am pretty much obsessed with trying to find interesting topics to write about, little stories about my "Little Princess Maya," and her counterparts - Crown Prince Alex and Prince Curtis as well as my family and friends too, who often become part of my blogs.

  5. REUNIONS - My family reunion which is an annual event and I generally start after the first of the year mentioning it to my cousins to try to inspire interest in them to attend and my High School Class Reunions - which take place every five years and guess what, this is the YEAR for a class reunion too - our 45th - to be held 2 months from today on June 2, 2007 at Hedges Restaurant in Clearfield, PA! This is for the kids from the COOPER TOWNSHIP center of the West Branch Area High School -class of 1962! If anyone from our class happens to read this and didn't get an invitation, please contact me (use the e-mail address on my profile below my list of favorite blogs I like to read) or contact Kate Nelson Eyerly - Grassflat, PA for more details!


I now tag the following people to follow suit:
Smalltown RN
Paula
Sandy
Inmatz Wife
Mikie

What to do with a Meme: Copy the questions into a new post and answer them. Tag some different bloggers. Go back and let the person who tagged you know that you did it.

And - for a little more fun today, here's the Bushism of the day for Monday, April 2, 2007 and also, for Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April 2, 2007
"And that's why I'mhere at the community college system today." - Jacksonville, FLorida; January 14, 2005

April 3, 2007
"It's good to see so many friends here in the Rose Garden. This is our first event in this beautiful spot, and its appropriate we talk about policy that will affect people's lives in a positive way in such a beautiful, beautiful part of our national - really, our national park system, my guess is you would want to call it." - Washington, D.C.; February 8, 2001

Happy Obsession Days to You!

3 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

Obsessions? Do I have any of those....hmmmmm.....I just might have to ask my hubby about that one.....

Have a great day!!!

My Name Here said...

LOL, I will get on this tonight after work, I have so many things, only 5 huh???? LOL Thank you!!! Oh, I spoke to Joe, things are good again!!

masgblog said...

thx for playing....p.s. I can't locate that 'game'