Monday, April 09, 2007

Another Week

I'm already behind starting this week off - the procrastination gene has apparently kicked into overdrive.

Just a little follow-up on the classmate who isn't coming to our 45th Class Reunion - I called and talked to him Saturday evening and NO, he says he still won't go! One of his comments to me was that at our last class reunion he felt he had a better time at both his parents funerals. No offense to any of us there, but that's his opinion, his reason and ok, I'm backing out of trying to cajole him into showing up. There's always the possibility one of the guys from our class can change his mind, but as stubborn and bullheaded as I know he can be when he wants to, I rather think it's pretty much a lost cause now and the concrete has pretty much solidified there.

My son, who was due home from his latest work jaunt - truck driving - called earlier this morning and talked to Mandy - said he was on his way then to Atlanta so he won't be home till tomorrow sometime now. And, he added that he has a toothache. Ouch. He's had a lot of problems with his teeth since high school -mainly because he didn't take good care of his teeth then and was constantly drinking Mountain Dew so the acid just really ate away at the enamel, etc. He needs a lot of work done - extractions, plate, etc., and beaucoup bucks of course to finance that - plus time to get this all done too. Scheduling an appointment when he never knows when he will be home is a problem as is saving up enough money to get it done.

He just phoned and told me apparently when he was telling his sister his tooth woes and he thought his boss was asleep at the time (remember he drives a team operation and his boss is his co-driver), but his boss wasn't sleeping. His boss told him that they (the company) will finance his dental work and take it out of his pay in increments of maybe $50 a week or so! And, for him to start trying while he's home this week to see what he can arrange to get done.

Now, I ask you, how fantastic is that anyway? This boy is so darned lucky! His sister says -and I agree too - "He better not do anything to muck up that job!" Yep, for sure!

Miss Maya is still having a field day today with the goodies the "Easter Bunny" left behind here yesterday. Thankfully, her basket wasn't filled to the brim with chocolate or she'd probably be really hyper by this time! Just enough to be very appealing to a three-year-old though.

This morning, she followed me into the bathroom dragging her little cassette player with the microphone (that works) behind and as I was combing my hair, she was behind me, standing in front of the full-length mirror on the back of the bathroom door, practicing her singing style and movements by "singing" to the image in the mirror. Too cute, just too darned cute!

I think I'm having a little bout of PMSS here -in my case it would be POST-Menopausal Stress Syndrome! These things creep up on my sometimes, smack me upside the back of my head and then it leaves me just with a case of the blues for a while. It'll pass, just not quickly enough to suit me though. I hate when this happens cause all I want to do then is sit in a corner, pull my hair out, one strand at a time and cry.

And that's pretty much the bulk of what's new, what's exciting (or not) around here as this week opens up for us.

And now, for your reading pleasure - the Bushism for today -

Monday, April 9, 2007
"See, we love - we love freedom. That's what they didn't understand. They hate things; we love things. They act out of hatred; we don't seek revenge, we seek justice out of love." - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; August 29, 2002

Well, I certainly am glad he explained that to us - aren't you?

2 comments:

Stine said...

Great Bushism. He really has a knack for clarifying things... Thanks for visiting!

Unknown said...

I often suffer from PMS.

Produce Manager Syndrome.

Later Y'all