Friday, May 21, 2010

Shall We Visit?

The other night, while playing around on Facebook, I don't recall exactly how the conversation began but my niece made a comment to the effect that since it's been close to a year now since we've seen her and her three children that she was wishing we'd come visit her.

I made a comment back to her that if she really wanted to see us, we might just be able to arrange a trip to her place and, if she has room, we could even come Sunday, June 13th and leave on Monday, June 14th.

I'm pretty sure she thought I was just joking around when I said that. But the thing is, an overnight trip to her place on those dates could happen and actually, it would be great for us too if it would happen that way.

Why? Well because she lives a little over an hour's drive north of Pittsburgh and if we were to be able to go camp out at her place that Sunday night, it would save us having to get up, rise and shine and be on the road from here to Pittsburgh that Monday morning at dark 0-thirty, ya know!

I told her she'd best be careful what she wishes for cause it might just happen and then I think it registered with her that there was the potential for us to show up there and camp out for the night. I don't think Mandy has talked to her and explained why we might be in that vicinity as yet but anyway, she kind of recanted at first and then said, "Oh, what the heck! It's been so long since I've seen you guys, that we could work something out."

Angie, honey-girl, if you read my blog and if you're serious, have the time and a little extra space where we could curl up and sleep, it would be great to be able to use that trip as an excuse for a little visit then too. But only if you can handle us!!!

Now, that has me wondering if she has door chimes that we could ring on our arrival and announce ourselves to her?

Wouldn't that be a hoot though if she did and if we showed up totally unannounced then too?

On second thought, that might not be the very best idea either, would it?

2 comments:

CiCi said...

A car load of people arriving unannounced is not a good idea anytime to anybody. If she is willing to provide the place for you all to sleep and probably some food too then you all would probably have a good time.

Travis Cody said...

I need to start planning another visit down to see my sister. My niece has been sending me texts about her soccer matches, and it really sucks that I can't just jump in the car and drive over to watch.