Thursday, May 20, 2010

Revamping Schedules

I know I've mentioned -several times now -that I will be having surgery sometime in the future and that I will also have to travel down to Pittsburgh -again -to have it done.

It's been really wild and hectic around here what with phone calls to my local OB/GYN (no-obviously my issues are not pregnancy related and no, I'm not reading anything like prenatal vitamins reviews -although with all that's going on, I might need to study up on taking some regular vitamins just to keep moving, ya know) and trying to get things all lined up with the doctors I will have to see in Pittsburgh has been a big, big concern for me lately.

I had an appointment scheduled for next Friday -the 28th -with the first surgeon I'd seen -like for the past 3 plus years - for a follow-up appointment but then, I got an appointment with the surgeon I need to see about the hernia repair and it was set for Monday, June 14th at 3 p.m. So this got me to thinking -what if my first doctor would consider dropping is normal protocol, which is that he only sees patients on Fridays, to consider cutting me a break and seeing me maybe on Monday June 14th.

So I called his office, talked to the Scheduler Person there and explained the situation to her, emphasizing that we were trying to find a way to consolidate appointments to save time -and gas/wear and tear too on the old car, etc -and could he allow me this, just this one time.

Later that day, the scheduler called me back, said she had discussed this with him and yes, he would do that so she gave me an appointment then for that Monday at 1:30 p.m.

The nice thing here is that his office and the new surgeon's office are about three (3) blocks apart so that would be within walking distance and we wouldn't then have to worry about moving the car, getting yet another parking spot, etc.

Feeling just a tad on the lucky side for having been able to get two appointments on the same day, close to each other, etc., I then called my local doctor who was supposed to be contacting the OB/GYN doctor she has links to in Pittsburgh and told her what I'd been able to arrange.

I asked her then if maybe she could wheedle a third appointment -with the OB/GYN doc -on the same date and at a time that would coordinate then too with the other appointments.

It must be my lucky week or maybe there's something about working on having a "threesome" perhaps -but she was able to get me an appointment with that third doctor I need to see on the same date then at 10:30 a.m.

I'm not crazy about having an appointment at 10:30 a.m. and having to get up at Oh Dark Thirty ya know to leave here by 7:30 and arrive there by 10:30 but heck, it sure is better than making two or even three separate trips, isn't it?

Score one -or would it be three -for me!

4 comments:

Travis Cody said...

The answer is always no if you don't ask! I like a good compromise. Good luck getting that 3rd appointment.

Sandee said...

Way to go on getting all three appointments for the same day. I know you'll have to get up early, but keep telling yourself that all the visits are on the same day. Not like you have to get up early three times. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

fermicat said...

Good luck with all of your appointments. Hope it all goes well.

Maggie May said...

Brilliant that you could coordinate three appointments on the same day.
Makes sense!
Maggie

Nuts in May