Saturday, May 29, 2010

Regroup or Regrowth

One of the things I really enjoy on my walks with Sammy is just simply observing the differences in the surroundings as we travel pretty much the same areas -just occasionally walk a little farther some days.

This time of year especially it is just beautiful to watch how the woodlands around my home change from month to month and now, even now sometimes, the changes seem evident day by day.

This sight on one of our recent walks really reminded me, quite vividly, of how the forests keep regrouping, revitalizing and growing all the time but we don't see it until suddenly, the colors change and there's this bright, light green on the tips of the hemlock branches to indicate what's been taking place right before our eyes and yet, sight unseen.
Seeing the new growth on the hemlocks down along the road in Peale reminded me of something else - a bit different -and that's hair growth.

For myself, I have been on a bit of a kick to let my hair grow and as such, I haven't had it cut in over a year now. (Sorry -no photos of that are available. LOL You'll have to take my word for it but it's quite a drastic change for me to have hair that is now shoulder-length and which I often can pull back and pin it up on the back and top of my head now. I'm still not sure if I will keep it growing as I haven't had long hair in many, many years. Normally, as soon as it starts to grow out a little bit, even to the back of my neck, I'm calling my hairdresser friend and going to get it cut and a new perm then too. Normally. Just not going by the normal this time, this year.

Now my ex-husband -well he hasn't had his hair cut since September of 1993 -when he quit drinking so he now sports a ponytail, usually pulled up and wedged under one of his many baseball caps he loves to wear. However, the many years he has maintained that habit of always wearing a baseball cap, although it hasn't affected the length of his hair and its ability to grow, it has taken a bit of a toll on the top of his head as his once slightly receding hairline now is back quite a ways leaving him more than a bit on the bald side on top.

At the rate he's losing his hair on top, I'm thinking he might want to consider trying a special hair growth shampoo to keep the hair growing back on the top of his bald pate now!

For that matter, my son as well as my son-in-law too might want to look into that kind of stuff cause the both tend to wear a cap of some kind all the time too and even though they don't believe me, won't listen to me, I read this someplace a long, long time ago that continual wearing of a hat -for men -if they have a bit of a tendency towards that receding hairline, will cause the hair to fall out and the line recedes then faster than it otherwise would.

Just a little bit of some words of wisdom there, ya know!

5 comments:

CiCi said...

You are letting your hair grow and I just cut mine all off, very very short. Hubby's hair is twice as long and mine. I want to be cool this summer.

... Paige said...

I keep mine short...hey drop by my place when ya get a minute :-)

terri said...

I've been letting mine grow too... mainly the bangs. I like it when it's long enough to pull it all back when I go for a run.

This Eclectic Life said...

I let mine grow long, because I don't want to do anything but put it in a braid, a ponytail, or pin it up! Lazy, I am.

fermicat said...

I'm lazy about my hair, so it only gets cut when it starts bothering me (or if it looks bad every day).

Your photo reminded me of the hemlock grove I had in Massachusetts. I had my hammock strung between two of them. It was a fantabulous place to spend an afternoon.