Friday, May 21, 2010

Great Delivery!

I got a surprise last week in the mail when a special person sent me a VISA gift card for a pretty good sized amount that I could spend on whatever my little pea-picking heart could find in that price range.

My first thoughts on how to use this gift was to think about replacing the camera I'd had, that I really loved and enjoyed using too and which I'd dropped on the ground one day while walking Sammy!

I thought about that all last weekend. Really, I did.

I worried and stewed over this -wondering if maybe this was a really selfish thing for me to buy another camera for my own personal pleasure, ya know.

With all the other stressors in this household, within the family lately, if I were prone to acne, by this time, I'd have been in dire need of acne treatments for sure!

But then, late Monday night -actually early Tuesday morning -I made my decision and ordered a camera of the same make and model as the one my kids and I had purchased back in January and which we gave to Mandy for her birthday. It was a gift just in time for her to take with her on her trip to Nevada in March when she went out to visit with her Dad for about 4 days.

The only difference between her camera and mine is the color. Hers is sort of a sage green whereas mine is a bright, bold royal blue!

I figured because it had taken about 10 days for Mandy's camera to arrive that mine might get here sometime at the latter part of next week.

But today -I got a really great surprise when the UPS guy showed up at the house with this nice little package for me and the return address on the box said KODAK!

And I knew then, my camera was here and after only three days too!

Now that was a great delivery in more ways that one. Add to the speed of service plus the fact that the sale price on mine was even $20 less than what we'd paid for Mandy's camera, all my feelings and worries about this being a selfish gift from me to me, ya know, totally evaporated as I ripped into the box, got my pretty little new camera out and dropped the battery as well as the memory card from my old camera into it!

And then -in case any of you, my readers, are wondering about this -I also attached the wrist band to it so I can carry it, use it, and not worry about Sam jerking on his leash and my losing my grip on the camera and it falling to the ground and breaking like the other one did!

Good advice there to use that little contraption and I tried it out then this afternoon as I took Sam for a nice long walk!

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

So pleased. Obviously I think you did the right thing!
Enjoy it!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

CiCi said...

You are back in the saddle again so to speak. If I were you I would put a long cord around my neck that is attached to the camera so it is easier to use when you have one busy holding the dog leash. Just a suggestion. Enjoy the camera. And your weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

That's fantastic! I'm so glad you know someone so generous-You deserve it, for sure! Can't wait to see your pics!

Rick Rockhill said...

Sometimes we need to treat ourselves to things like that, especially when it comes from a gift source!

Berni said...

Have fun I still need to take mine with me. I guess I don't have any photography genes.