Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Puppy Power at its Finest!

I know, I've been blogging a lot lately and much of it has revolved around my almost daily and usually fairly long walks too with my dog, Sammy.

I've been doing this walking with him since December now -at the request from my family doctor that I take up some form of exercise along with trying to keep tabs on my cholesterol and sugar intake as well.

The act of actually dieting is not something I do very well with to be perfectly honest. It goes totally against my grain in that it would necessitate -for me anyway -fixing separate meals for the two little grandkids here and for the rest of the family and that is something I wouldn't do when my kids were growing up and trying to dictate menus to me and I sure don't want to ingrain that type eating habits in Kurtis and Maya either. They can pick up enough quirkiness all on their own and sure don't need me to reinforce what I consider to be bad eating habits at the table.

Last week, when I was at the doctor's and weighed in there, I saw that my actions -mainly being to push myself away from the table faster than before plus the walks with the dog -had resulted in my having lost 15 pounds since December. Not fantastic weight loss but decent enough and nice too in that I did it without any kind of substances like noxycut or any other diet substitutes either! I was pretty proud of that accomplishment then, for sure.

However, yesterday -after Sam and I had put in another fairly long walk amounting to over 3 miles on that one -I weighed myself and to my very pleasant surprise, I have now dropped yet another five pounds! Yay, yay me and Yippy Skippy!

Since the weather is becoming a lot warmer -obviously -with summer just around the corner now, I'm thinking I might lose even more weight and a bit easier too -just by sweating it off as Sam and I go out walking in the hot sun!

Which reminds me now -time for us to get ready and go for our walk today too.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations on that weight loss! You're doing great and I bet Sam loves the walks, too, so it's double the benefits for both of you!

CiCi said...

Oh my gosh, you are doing a wonderful job with the weight loss. Even better you sound like you are losing weight without having a hard time.

Maggie May said...

You are doing well. Walking is a great thing to do. Makes you feel good and helps with the weight..... as long as you don't work up an appetite.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Kat said...

That is fabulous! Great job! :)

Travis Cody said...

Huzzah! See? Modifying your eating habits and getting exercise you enjoy really does work!

terri said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! The walks have obviously done you good and I enjoy the resulting blog posts!