Monday, December 04, 2006

The Root of the Evil!

Now - before you understand what I am explaining in this message, it probably would be advisable for you to read my posting made earlier today - just below this one. That will give you some idea of the "adding insult to injury" theme I thought appeared to be redeveloping in my life.

Murphy and his law - now that's my highway hero! For many years now, that adage has rung true about how life goes in a big vicious cycle where I am concerned. I had nothing else to blame these bad things on except for good old Murphy! For those who don't know what that is - Murphy's Law means simply that anything that possibly can go wrong, will!

Reading messages from the Writer's Life boards in my e-mail though led me to think maybe it was simply the "Monday, Monday" theme going on that was causing me all this grief. That is until I finally had a chance to get to reading some more postings made by folks who have the blog sites listed along the right hand side of this piece and I suggest you go there and read the posting for today in the blog, Linda's Laments.

Now I know where all this crap I got hit with today began!

It's all Linda's fault for having the nerve, the audacity, the unmitigated GALL, if you please, to try to go shopping at Walmart on a Sunday afternoon.

Yep, I now have someone - not just something - to blame!

Of course, I suppose Linda will pass this all back to me because it is bad karma flying around now since our dog died so suddenly this past Saturday and had my whole family in a massive state of upheaval.

But, truth be told, I think I will opt for Linda as the scapegoat here!

See what you think and I'm sure you'll agree with me.

And, I think I'll head over to messenger now and have a nice little tryst with the Redneck Renaissance Man if you don't mind.

I really need the break!

1 comment:

theauthormike said...

Jeni, A word from your brother here in writers land, Murphy was an optimist.