Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas Song MEME

I've been tagged! I'm also a newbie at this process so I don't know exactly how to go about tagging someone else, but bear with me will you please. This MEME came to me from my blogger friend, Paige, of the blog linked to mine "Paradise Valley." Took me a while to find the instructions for this but, they are pretty simple as to what questions you are to answer. However, one can bet their bottom dollar here that my brain will immediately go dead and I may have to go hunt for a hymnal to help me remember some of my favorite Christmas carols!

Here then are the instructions:

The rules are simple: list (at least) five of your favorite Christmas songs -- and then tag (at least) five other of your blog friends to do the same on their sites.

Here is my top 5 list as sung by everyone.

1. "Lyssna, Lyssna" - An old Swedish carol meaning "Listen, listen, hear the angels song.

2. "Coventry Carol"
3. "Lo How a Rose Er Blooming"
4. "Angels We Have Heard on High"
5. "Sleep Holy Babe"
and - for me, my favorite secular song is "I'll Be Home For Christmas" but truly, I love just about all the secular songs - "White Christmas," "Jingle Bells", "Jingle Bell Rock" too and all the Chrismas carols you can think of as well.

With respect to music, Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year!!!

Now - who to tag with this Meme:

Linda of Linda's Laments

Bob of "Letter's I Wish I'd Written"

Gene of Turning The Pages Of Life

Ron the Unwriter

and

Garrett of VanillaGarlic

Now, folks - it's your turn to tell us your favorite Christmas songs!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

hey there! wonderful wonderful songs. take care :)

... Paige said...

Great list. I knew you could do it. Thanks for playing!