Thursday, March 21, 2013

High Anxiety?

I don't know what the heck is wrong with me today but I'm just not feeling up-to-par, for sure!

My anxiety levels have been way off today -just extremely edgy, depressed (my prescription for that doesn't seem to be handling things right) and nervous -stomach just churning but not nauseous. Every now and again, I have anxiety issues so I do have a prescription I can take for that -what my older daughter refers to as "Mother's Little Helper" and usually, it works fairly well to calm me down.

But today -apparently I'm going to have to take the full dosage (supposed to take 1 or 2 per day, as needed) in order to get my system to settle down and allow me to get to sleep tonight.

Maybe I'm getting sick though because, in addition to being all on edge, I have been really cold all day too. Just can't seem to get warm, ya know. We have hot water heat here -with the big, old-fashioned radiators -and I even resorted to turning the heat up a notch and parking my behind on a radiator to try to get warm. However, that just felt like my fat behind was on some kind of aluminum bleachers, except that they were corrugated! (Still made me feel very cold.)

I'm wondering if the depression and edgy feelings are intertwined with the fact that today is the first day of spring -supposedly -but apparently no one reminded Mother Nature about that fact.





Here's hoping that's all that is actually bothering me, upsetting my little applecart system here!

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Sometimes I get migraine clusters at the change of winter to spring. It has something to do with the way the pressures change.

I just looked out the window and there is a light snow falling. Weird.

Maggie May said...

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that you were experiencing really bad weather, as we are, when it should be Spring.
Enough to cause that edginess, I think.
Hope you feel better as the days warm up.
Maggie x

Nuts in May