Friday, July 23, 2010

New Needs?

Boy, I just realized I haven't posted anything since last Saturday! How the heck did that happen anyway?

Well, for one thing, I've been on a campaign to get as many smaller items embroidered and ready to list when I finally get my Etsy site completed so that took a lot of my time. Plus, this past Tuesday, my son had to take me down to Pittsburgh so I could get ALL my pre-operative tests done and now, that's all completed. All that's left in the medical aspect is for next Thursday to roll around when Mandy and I will go back to Pittsburgh where I will then do my day-before-prep for the surgery and next Friday at this time, I'll be somewhere in the process of having the surgery done! I will really be very relieved to have this finally taken care of and completed and hopefully, will be back home then two weeks from now to return to my stitchings, my blogging and most of all, to be around my family -especially my grandchildren -once again.

One thing though that is becoming a bit of a problem from time to time here with the two younger grandkids is they are now tall enough to reach the faucet on the bathroom sink and that is creating a lot of issues in the form of water. Water, water everywhere at times, or so it seems!

I'm think the solution to part of this issue -if it keeps up -is to have hand dryers installed in the bathroom! At least, that would eliminate some of the mess with them using one hand towel after another to dry their hands as well as to make their own meager attempts at mopping up some of the water they tend to slop all over the vanity and the bathroom floor!

Oh the trials and tribulations of living with -and trying to control -two small children who dearly love to make messes!

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

I hope that the surgery and the tests etc goes well. It is always a bit nerve-racking until it is over & done with and then there is that lovely sense of relief.

As regards the water, it is a bit of a problem but surely having hand driers installed wouldn't stop them fiddling with the taps as they'd still have to wash their hands.
Can't you ban the water & tell them to use wet wipes?
Maggie X

Nuts in May