Sunday, August 17, 2008

Short Week?

Well, either this desk calendar I have that I've been using was printed up short a couple of Monday Bushisms for this year or someone has been getting into my desk calendar and ripping of the Monday Bushism from time to time because once again, I have no insert in the calendar for tomorrow's date -no words of wisdom to impart for you for Monday, August 18th, 2008! My apologies.

So, picking up then with Tuesday, here goes!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 154 days left

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a --a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."
--Denver, Colorado, August 2001

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 153 days left

"I want you to know that farmers are not going to be secondary thoughts to a Bush administration. They will be in the forethought of our thinking."
--Salinas, California, August 2000

Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 152 days left

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."
--Des Moines, Iowa, August 21, 2000

Friday, August 22, 2008 -- 151 days left\\"Arbolist...Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees.
--Quoted in USA Today, August 2001

Saturday and SUnday, August 23/24, 2008 - 150 days left and 149 days left

"Brie and cheese."
--Speculating about journalists' favorite foods, August 23, 2001

No comments: