Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Million Dollar Friends

"You are never a burden.. don't ever think that. Friends need each other to pick them up when they are down and I would do nothing less. "
Dawn Drover~


This phrase was written in an e-mail received by Ann Clemmons at what she says was one of her "lowest moments, " and was sent to her by her dear friend Dawn Drover from Twisted Sister in response to a comment she had written to her in an e-mail.

This all inspired Ann to create a new award -the "Million Dollar Friend Award shown here.
If you have some million dollar friends you would like to pass this award to be sure to copy and paste the following paragraph with a link to Twisted Sister to acknowledge her words that touched me in my e-mail and I'm sure touched you.

Also include a link to A Nice Place In The Sun where the award originated. I have included both the links to Twisted Sister and A Nice Place In The Sun within the paragraph to go along with the award.


In addition, if you would like to include what a million dollar friend means to you, please feel free to do so, it will make each bloggers post interesting and exciting to read.


To pass The Million Dollar Award to your million dollar friends, copy and paste the award image along with the original paragraph below~ (click on blog names for the links)

Start Copy---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are never a burden.. don't ever think that. Friends need each other to pick them up when they are down and I would do nothing less. "
Dawn Drover~ Twisted Sister

A Million Dollar Friend is the
kind of person who instinctively knows what it means to be a good friend; this kind of person makes you look forward to the days ahead and fondly remember the days that have passed.

A Nice Place In The Sun

End copy------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, post your nominees and what a million dollar friend means to you. And that's it.

First off, I'd like to thank Ann for giving this award to me as well as numerous others she feels have stood beside her during some hard days she's had recently. I can relate fully to feeling very grateful to the many folks I have met and the friendships that have formed through blogging. It's such a great community -one that generally is very willing to come forward and try to help others in whatever way possible.

I'd like to pass this award on to all those folks on my Reader list but to sit here and list them individually (there are only 165 bloggers I subscribe to) would take me the better part of the day) so I'm just going to address this to everyone shown on my list in my sidebar. If your blog is listed there, then this award is being given to you because each of you, in your own special way, has become a "million dollar friend" to me!

And anyone else reading this post who feels their friends also deserve this recognition, please feel free to spread the friendship and love a bit further. Just follow the above information as provided by Ann to link it back to her and to Twisted Sister

Now, go forth and multiple in the name of friendship!

5 comments:

Suldog said...

How very nice! I assume I get the award, as I'm on the sidebar. Thank you, very much!

Suldog said...

Of course, I treat all awards I receive equally - with mock disdain. So, while I appreciate it, it won't look like it. But, I do appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet award! Thanks for sharing it!

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Excellent job Jeni~ Thank you for writing a sensational post.

You see, I know who my million dollar blogger friends are...and you're one of the greatest.

Big hug, and thanks again Jeni~

Ann

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Oh, and congratulations again~:)))

Ann