Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day to Day With DUBYA

I'm on time this week! Yay, Yay! Here's the coming week's Bushism's for your reading pleasure!

Monday, October 1, 2007

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
-Washington, D.C.; April 10, 2001

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war."
- Washington, D.C.; June 8, 2005

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"The trial lawyers are very politically powerful...But here in Texas we took them on and got some good medical-medical malpractice."
- Waco, Texas; August 13, 2002

Thursday, October 4, 2007

"They've seen me make decisions, they've seen me under trying times, they've seen me weep, they've seen me laugh, they've seen me hug. And they know who I am, and I believe they're comfortable with the fact that they know I'm not going to shift principles or shift positions based upon polls and focus groups."
- Interview with USA Today; August 27, 2004

Friday, October 5, 2007

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However, they delineate, quotas, I think, vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position."
- As quoted by Molly Ivins in the San Francisco Chronicle; January 21, 2000.

Saturday and Sunday, October 6/7, 2007

"But I also made it clear to [Vladimir Putin] that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe."
- Washington, D.C.; May 1, 2001

Boy, there's some heavy thinking in them thar' words ya know!

2 comments:

lime said...

my stars, that last one is telling isn't it?

lattégirl said...

The one about quotas is absolute gibberish!!!

Also... have we actually seen him weep? I haven't, but then again, whenever I see his squinty little eyes on TV, I change the channel.