Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A little Update...

A lot of you who read my blog might also be friends with me on Facebook and if so, you pretty much know by now what happened to my older daughter last week when she was missing for roughly 26 hours. But for those of you who don't have access to the many posts that have appeared on Facebook but maybe did read one of my posts here from a couple days ago about my daughter and have commented to me on that post your concerns and wishes, also prayers for my daughter, I thought I'd give you ALL a little bit of an update.

I'm very happy to say that she is doing very well now!

Because of the rules and regulations of the establishment where she is currently a patient, it is very difficult to get to speak to her on the phone and also, really hard to be able to go visit her too.

The unit she is in has only two phones available for use by all the patients in that unit and you can only call in between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and that's the only time the patients can call out too. First come, first served,  you see. And really I do understand the need to regulate the communications but I think perhaps if they at least had a couple more phones to allow for an easier time for patients to make or receive phone calls, it would make life a tad easier for all concerned.

And the same goes too for their visitation policies! Visitation is for a half hour only -between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.

Because the facility is about  60 miles from where we live, my daughter has asked that we not try to come over to see here as she feels it is too costly -at the current prices of gas/oil, ya know -especially for such a short period of time.

I was rather surprised when I heard her make that request to me for her siblings and for me not to worry, not to try to visit her as I thought then perhaps her Scottish Ancestry must have finally kicked into gear on her! (She's never been know to worry to much about spending money -if she had it in her pocket, she found something -generally anyway -on which to spend it! LOL

But the times I have been able to get through and talk with her, I'm very happy to say that her voice sounds like it did when she was just fresh out of high school. Her spirits are up again and that's a very pleasant change to realize as well.

And finally, I want to thank those of you who have contacted me via e-mail or Facebook and inquired about her, offered prayers for her well-being as well as many have offered to me and my son and other daughter, help if there is anything possible they can do for us.

The prayers are the best gift possible and greatly appreciated! So feel free to keep on doing that, please!

And I'll try to keep folks posted here and on Facebook too, as best I can.


Sandi McBride said...

So glad that she is doing better Jeni...wonder why they don't allow them the use of their cell phones at that time, would make it so much better for all...maybe a recommendation on that to the powers that be?
hugs to you my friend

Travis Cody said...

That must be so scary. Best wishes for full recovery, and I hope you get to talk to her soon.