Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Tax Man Cometh!

Yeah folks, that time of the year is fast approaching, isn't it? Only 2 1/2 months from now and everyone will (hopefully) have completed all their tax forms, sent in their returns and are anxiously awaiting that nice big refund in many cases and for others, probably just praying that the check you sent along with your return doesn't bounce!

I'm a bit confused though these days now when it comes to filing my taxes because the work I do is done at home and is independent so I don't get a paycheck with deductions already withheld. Nope. I get a statement of my total earnings for the year and then, have to figure out from that amount how much I owe in taxes.

I wish I had some kind of report designer that would have a set-up for me in which I could log in the jobs I completed and was paid for, those things I purchased in order to keep earning the small checks I do get now and again -after all, wouldn't inventory type items qualify as a business expense?

Better yet too, what I really need is another account with my bank into which I would make regular deposits equaling about 15 percent of the amount I earned and then, come January when I go to file my taxes, I would have the money sitting there, waiting for me to transfer it and send a check, guaranteed not to bounce, to the IRS!

The real answer to my problems though would be if I only had the same income that Mitt Romney has! I read an article yesterday in which the writer was telling about how much Mr. Romney earned last year -$21.6 MILLION and along with that, there was also a place where you could key in your own income for last year and calculate how long it would take you to earn $21.6 million dollars, based on your current annual income.

Here's the answer I got for my income level!

In 2010, Mitt Romney made $15000 in 6 hours 3 minutes and 57 seconds.

It would take you 1444 years 1 months 2 days 6 hours 53 minutes and 45 seconds to make what Mitt made in 2010.

Now isn't that just (as the Church Lady would say) "Special?"

If only I could figure out how to live for another 1,444 more years, I'd be all set, wouldn't I?

No comments: