Saturday, April 02, 2011

Time For a Confession

There's a question on my mind tonight and I hope you all won't object if I ask it. It's something I'm a bit curious about and not taking any survey here, your answers won't be used against you or anything like that, just something I'd like to know to compare to my own answer.

Have any of you ever used one of those dating sites frequently advertised all over the place?

If so, did you have any luck with it -or them, in the off chance you may have checked out more than one?

I signed up for one of those things oh, about 6-7 years ago or so. Not to mention any names but it was the one that supposedly guarantees you will find happiness in a soulmate by using their site. I even shelled out about $240 over a couple months time for a year's subscription to the site too and boy, never again!

Not only did I not find my soulmate from that site but I didn't even get a response in that year's time too.

Of course, I suppose it could be because there just aren't that many men over 65 who live in this vicinity and who were registered with that site at that time too but boy, sure did nothing for my ego when I never even got a response from one person.

Darned good reason for me not to renew with them, for sure but they kept badgering me for well over two years to renew with them.

Of course, not all of them make such wild promises as that one did and I suppose for those who are younger -a lot younger -than me, the prospects of meeting someone using something like that would be much better.

But for me? Another good reason for me to keep on embroidering!

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

No Never! Nor would I.
I reckon that men of this age group who join up are just looking for someone to look after them in their old age. No thank you.

I just read the April Fool prank that got played on you! I think I'd have been quite disappointed!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

terri said...

I've never joined one of those sites... don't think the husband would appreciate it. But if I ever found myself in a position of being single, I would be willing to give it a shot. It seems that just in the last couple of years that online dating has become the thing to do.

Jenn said...

I tried a few of them (the one your referring too) and a few other well know and a military one. You know what? All the men that contacted me as the "perfect match" were pigs. It was worse than being half blitzed in a bar and fending off the lurkers looking for drunk girls. I never actually looked up any men, just replied to the write ups. Awful experience.