Monday, April 25, 2011

No calamities!

Yesterday -Easter Sunday -marked a big event for me. One that I was a bit worried about initially as most of you who read my blog know, I am not a morning person. Not. At. All!

So, when Mandy told me Friday night that she was planning on rising early Sunday a.m. and getting the kids up and dressed to in order to attend the sunrise service (at 7 a.m.) at our church, she asked if I wanted her to wake me up then too.

Hmmmm. I pondered the idea a bit and told her that I was a tad concerned that my attendance at that service might set up some mega health issues for several members of the congregation who are very well acquainted with my status of almost always being a night owl and this could possibly cause a coronary in some member, ya know.

I'm happy to report that I did rise and shine, made it to the service on time and no, the roof didn't cave in nor did anyone keel over from the sheer shock of seeing me out and about at such an early hour.

What's more, both kids behaved very nicely throughout the entire service too. A little bit of talking here and there from Kurtis, but nothing really loud, no screaming, wailing or gnashing of the teeth so that made for a good start to the day!

The rest of the day went relatively smoothly -supper cooked, well received (even by the two youngest of the diners, which is always a bonus) with only one casualty -that being the limpa rye bread I mixed up and baked but which didn't turn out very well at all. Crust got way too hard, didn't bake through completely so it's a bit gooey on the inside and well, I was just really disappointed in the outcome there because I really do love Swedish Limpa Rye bread and this was the first time I had it not turn out very well for me.

But, considering how our weekend began, things all ended on the upside!

Friday morning a Facebook friend of Mandy's informed her that someone -an individual known to us but not on our communicating list -had posted some rather nasty words on her Facebook page about us. Well, mainly her not-too-happy-words were aimed at me as she referred to me as Mandy's "Cancer-faking mother!"

It would seem that I must have totally ticked this person off, wouldn't it?

And all things considered, I'm not going to apologize for any of the words in the blogpost she took offense to either. I would however like to point out to her if she has anything to say about anything I write on my blog, there is a space there for comments -even allows for anonymous ones to be left behind too -and if she is so angry -as well as brave -to post something on her Facebook which neither Mandy or I have access to -then she could just as easily have posted her thoughts, feelings, reasonings, etc., on my blog and gone directly to the source instead of being a rumor monger and trying to access hurling her nasty comments at us via a backdoor entry.

But that's just the nature of that beast.

And, if she is so convinced that I'm faking the cancers -two of 'em, for those unaware -then she can feel free to stop by the house and I will gladly show her the medical report straight from the surgeon in Pittsburgh who performed the last surgery last year through which it was discovered that there was, indeed, cancer present in the uterus! And, I'll also gladly show her the bills received from various other places -Cancer clinic, several other physicians, etc., etc. To my knowledge, no one in their right mind is going to go to the extreme of creating a debt to these places that I will be lucky if I can get it all paid off before going to my "great reward" some day. But then again, that's just my theory on things like that and perhaps she operates on a much different level.

And, as to her threat that she would tell all about the children, it kind of has Mandy and I wondering if she meant Maya and Kurtis or was she perhaps referring to past evils she thinks were done by my three kids. If she's referring to Maya and Kurtis, the only thing in the record about them is that they both have autism and to my knowledge, that's not something either of us has ever kept as a huge secret either.

As a matter of fact, I take a huge amount of pride in that factor of their lives and seeing how well both of them are doing, are learning by leaps and bounds, ways to counter with this disorder. They are both very bright little children who, with a lot of work and effort on the part of the various therapists who have worked with them over the past 3-6 years now, are moving along very nicely, on their way to having a very fulfilling life!

And, if she's maybe referring to things my kids may have done over the years, well there's probably a thing or two here and there that they may have done that I don't yet know about but for the most part, they've all come a long way in maturing quite nicely too!

So fire away. Take your best shot and here's hoping it's a good one too. I'd really love to hear, to learn more of what wondrous things you have to say!

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

You did well to go to the early morning Easter service. I left it till the 10.30 and that seemed quite early as I had all the family here. none of the children would go.

You know..... theres no way I'd have Facebook because what I see from other people, it seems to be full of nasty comments attracts all sorts of problems.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Sandi McBride said...

Okay, so I'm wanting to say so glad you had a great Easter and all the while in my mind I'm wanting to do actual damage to this person on Facebook...she apparently has never heard of the word slander, but I think I would acquaint her with it, were I you!
Good luck on getting this behind you Jen, it's just too unfair and hateful!
love
Sandi

terri said...

So glad to hear you made it to the sunrise service and had a nice Easter.

As for the FaceBook issue, it just makes me sad to know someone would say such awful things about you. I feel as if we really know each other, and in many ways we do, through our blogs. We just haven't met face-to-face (yet!) You are someone I care very much about and I consider you my good friend. Makes me mad that someone feels she has the right to bad-mouth you.

I don't participate much on my own FaceBook account and I think it's because of people like that. No matter what someone says, someone else has a nasty or smart*ss remark to add. I have a couple of high school friends who fight like cats and dogs through FaceBook! Publicly! Why? I don't get it. Whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" ?