Monday, November 10, 2008

Slight Panic

As I sat down tonight to do my regularly scheduled post with the wonderful Bushisms, I had cause to get a tad panicky as I couldn't find the darned desk calendar that has all these wise quips in it! It wasn't in the side compartment of my desk where I normally keep it -slightly pushed back so as to be out of sight, out of mind, for a certain little five-year-old who I discovered a while back was actually the culprit -swiping a couple of pages off the calendar.

For a short period of time -as I searched around other cubby holes on the desk, lifted a few papers, other assorted items -I began to fear some ghost or apparition must have come in and stolen my prized possession.

THe thought of totally taking everything off the desk, going through the side panel, putting things back -in an orderly fashion of course (not that the desk doesn't need a really good once-over clean-up job -it sure does) was something I just didn't feel up to doing tonight.

And then, lucky for me, lucky for you too, I found it! How it got behind my printer though is beyond my realm. My printer has sort of a rounded top and very little will rest on it -not safely at any rate. (Unlike my old printer which was flat on the top and held a myriad of papers, phone books, reading material -you name it!

So anyway, the hunt ended before it moved into a total "search and destroy" mode. Which means I can now post this week's Bushisms and then, retire to bed -happy in the knowledge I've done my part to educate people about the grammer and vocabulary of the notorious DUBYA.

Monday, November 10, 2008 - 71 days left

"They want the federal government controlling the Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
--St. Charles, Missouri campaign speech, November 2000

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 70 days left
**** VETERANS DAY (USA); REMEMBRANCE DAY (CAN, UK)****

"They misunderestimated me."
--Bentonville, Arkansas, November 2000

Wedneday, November 12, 2008 -- 69 days left

"WOW! Brazil is big!"
--Upon seeing a map of Brazil at a meeting with the Brazillian president, November 2005

Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 68 days left

"The United States and Russia are in the midst of transformationed relationship that will yield peace and progress."
--Washington, D.C., November 13, 2001

Friday, November 14, 2008 - 67 days left

Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice's birthday, 1954

"We need a common enemy to unite us."
-Condoleeza Rice

Saturday and Sunday, November 15/16, 2008 - 66 days left and 65 days left

"As a matter of fact, I know relations between our governments is good."
--Washington, D.C., November 2005, discussing relations between the U.S. and South Korea.

Have a great week now and I'm done for tonight -heading off to bed!

7 comments:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Too funny! If only they weren't true!

Blessings,
Lacy

Diva's Thoughts said...

It's a good thing you found that calendar missy!!! lol

These are too funny.

Linda said...

I rather like the word 'misunderestimated' in some sort of strange way. Perhaps that's because the older I get the more I tend to mix up my own words?

Also, I wanted to stop by and offer an apology for my long-winded comment on your post the other day. I hope I didn't say anything to offend you or anyone else as that was never my intention. I think it was just mostly frustration over the whole "in your face" gloating that I had to deal with on several levels.

Just as people can be gracious in defeat, it would be equally nice for them to be gracious in victory but I guess with the divisiveness and high emotions and everything else that occurred during this extremely long election, it was bound to follow that some victory dances would be longer than others.

I fervently hope that President-Elect Obama is able to follow through with all of his promises and calls for change even though I'm sure he's got one very tough road to hoe and I also hope that people don't expect him to do it overnight. We didn't get here overnight, we certainly won't get out of this mess overnight but I sure hope we become a better country in the process.

And now I will shut up before I write another book!

Again, I hope I said nothing to offend.

Mary said...

Jeni,

Enjoyed the Bushisms. Whatever are you going to do come January. ;-)

Your tablecloth in the post below is awesome. How long did it take you to finish it? I can't imagine taking on such a project, though I do love to embroider. I also like the snowflake pillowcases and yes, I can pick up the sparkle when I enlarge the photos. They are going to be beautiful.

Take care, my friend. Sorry it's been a while since I visited. Be sure to let me know how the kids are doing.

Blessings,
Mary

Jocelyn said...

Sleep well, knowing you've made me gladder than ever about this past Tuesday's election!

Smalltown RN said...

Jeni....my question to you....what are you going to do when he isn't in leadership anymore....please tell me you have something up your sleeve....

fermicat said...

Ah, "misunderestimated" is a classic!