Sunday, November 30, 2008

Auto-Pilot?

As I pulled out the pages from my little desk calendar with the Bushisms, and in thinking of a title for this post today, I was inspired by the Bushism for tomorrow -Monday -December 1st. Quite accurate, I'd say.

Monday, December 1, 2008 - 50 days left

"I used to fly myself, and I said, 'well, there's one terrible pilot.'"
--Washington, D.C., December 4, 2001, discussing his reaction to footage of the September 11, 2001, World Trade Center attacks.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 - 49 days left

"I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome."
--NBC Nightly News, December 2005

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 - 48 days left

"Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person --people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person."
--New Orleans, Louisiana, December 3, 2002

Thursday, December 4, 2008 - 47 days left

"Some reports are issued and just gather dust. And truth of the matter is, a lot of reports in Washington are never read by anybody. To show you how important this one is, I read it, and our guest read it."
--Washington, D.C., December 2006

Friday, December 5, 2008 - 46 days left

"I think it's important to bring somebody from outside the system, the judicial system, somebody that hasn't been on the bench and, therefore, there's not a lot of opinions for people to look at."
--Discussing his nomination of Harriet Miers, Washington, D.C., 2005

Saturday and Sunday, December 6, 2008 and December 7, 2008
45 days left and 44 days left

"Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die."
--Washington, D.C., December 7, 2006

Ah, and the Thanksgiving season continues knowing we are now under 50 days remaining in his reign.

No comments: