Sunday, November 02, 2008

Wild Ride Ahead

Well folks, this week marks the end of those incessant phone calls, ads on tv, all admonishing us to vote for McCain or Obama and why each deserves our vote. After receiving sometimes as many as 2-3 calls in under 60 minutes at times, I am thoroughly fed up with that mode of advertising their claims to fame. Makes me wish I had kept the damned caller ID on the phone lines after all.

But anyway, after Tuesday's election, the next big date will be January 20th so not too many more weeks left of these lovely little witticisms then, is there?

Monday, November 3, 2008 - 78 days left

"There is a --we've got a homeownership gap in America, let's face it. Over 75 percent of white Americans own their home, and less than 50 percent of Hispanos and African Americans don't own their home. And that's a gap, that's a homeownership gap. And we've got to do something about it."
--Cleveland, Ohio, 2002

TUESDAY, November 4, 2008 - ELECTION DAY - 77 days left

First Lady Laura Bush's birthday, 1946
"I'm not the one who was elected. I would never do anything to undermine my husband's point of view."
--Laura Bush

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 - 76 days left

"I can't look at the mothrs and fathers and husbands and wives of those who wear our uniform who may be in Iraq, and say, it's noble, but not think I can--we can win the --the only way we can win is if we leave before the job is--I mean, the only way we can lose is if we leave before the job is done."
--Greeley, Colorado, November 2006

Thursday, November 6, 2008 - 75 days left

"This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist dictatorship in Central America had collapsed."
--Washington, D.C., November 6, 2003

Friday, November 7, 2008 - 7 4 days left

"Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to undertand the consequences of words."
--To Rush Limbaugh, November 2006

Saturday and Sunday, November 8/9, 2008 - 73 days left and 72 days left

Former FEMA director Michael D. Brown's birthday, 1954
"Considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well."
-Michael D. Brown

And there you have 'em -this week's little bits of whatever you care to call it -straight from the Horse's Mouth, ya know!

Peace -and please, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

4 comments:

fermicat said...

Vote? Done!

I'm excited about Tuesday. I hope we do well.

Travis Cody said...

I can't even imagine how much you must be inundated with campaign stuff, living in a battleground state as you do. We've pretty much been able to avoid a lot of the hardcore stuff.

And now it's just one more day until we cast our ballots and see which way the country has decided.

Cheers!

Berni said...

I will be watching from here. I think most of Canada will too we are all very interested but I am glad I don't get those calls.

Schmoop said...

Words more wise have never been uttered. So much thought in those quotes. Cheers Jeni!!