Monday, November 12, 2007

Forgetting Priorities

Boy, what was I thinking yesterday? Be darned if I know but whatever it was, it wasn't about posting and putting my priorities in gear there! I not only forgot to do a post - that I was intending to do about Veteran's Day but I also forgot to put up my Sunday Special - the Bushisms for this week.

So -I'm acting a bit like a senile old biddy, aren't I? I guess every now and again I just get an overload of the senility factor. But, anyway - better late than never, here's the words from our Guiding Star for this week.

Monday, November 12, 2007

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child, by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you."
--Washington, D.C.; September 19, 2002

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I always jest to people, the Oval Office is the kind of place where people stand outside, they're getting ready to come in and tell me what for, and they walk in and get overwhelmed by the atmosphere. And they say, 'Man, you're looking pretty.'"
--Washington, D.C.; November 4, 2004

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them."
--Washington, D.C.; December 18, 2000

Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house --there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch."
--During the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina; Mobile, Alabama; September 2, 2005

Friday, November 16, 2007

"There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me."
--On the coming Social Security crisis; Wilton, Connecticut; June 9, 2000

Saturday and Sunday, November 17/18, 2007

"I don't think we need to be subliminable about the differences between our views on prescription drugs."
--Orlando, Florida; September 12, 2000

I don't know about anyone else reading these comments here but I, for one, have no clue how mentoring a child or telling a shut-in "I love you" is going to help fight the war on terror. Can't figure out how people would get so overwhelmed by the atmosphere in the Oval Office either that they would think it makes him look "pretty" either, but them's the words of the great OZ, who as spoken - again and again - and still not said very much of anything understandable.

2 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

GWB has no clue, either, but that's not stopping him...

Travis Cody said...

Boggles the mind a bit, doesn't it?