Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dona Nobis Pacem

Let there be peace on earth,
and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth,
the peace that was meant to be.

With God as our Father,
brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother,
in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me,
let this be the moment now.
With every step I take,
let this be my solemn vow,

To take each moment and live each moment
in peace, eternally.
Let there be Peace on Earth,
and let it begin with me.

Words and Music by Jill Jackson and Sy Miller, Circa 1955


It all begins with each of us - one person, one step - at a time


4 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Peace to you and yours on this wonderful Peace Globe Day and always.

Linda Murphy said...

Hi Jeni-
WOW-this is a song I used to teach back in New York to the entire school. They had a singalong every December and this was our closing song. The bonus was that my assistant principal was hearing impaired and knew sign language. He would make time to come into every single class (a school of 1000 students!) and teach the sign language with the music. Then, he would choose a few kids to sign with him during the singalong. The kids LOVED that song and the signing. I haven't done that since moving to AZ, but seeing your post, I think I need to dust it off and present it this year.

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on my blogs too. I am really happy that you are visiting me often-I am learning a lot about you!

Theresa said...

Love that song! We sang it for a choir concert back in 5th grade, and still sing it today.

Peace be with you today!

Mimi Lenox said...

I love these comments about the song. WOW. Means a lot to me.

Your globe is wonderful (I am working on getting the blue to mix for you and will send it to you once it's completed....haven't forgotten!) and I thank you for participating during BlogBlast For Peace.

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Glad you could join us.

I'll be in touch.

Mimi