Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Time Is Near!

My lovely neighbor down the street - knows me all too well for how forgetful I can be, sent me this today and I thought I'd share it here as a little reminder for others who, like me, might be just a tad on the senile side!

For all of you who inquired about my sleep deprivation, here's how I plan to recoup at least one hour's worth of sleep -tonight! Yeah, right! Have a great day now, ya'll!

The days are growing shorter...
The leaves are falling too...
The sun sinks early in the sky...
Until it is no longer, blue...

The clock is quickly ticking...
It is that time of year...
When we need to be reminded...
The time to turn our clocks is here...

We move an hour of daylight…
To the morning from the night…
If you forget to do it…
It could be a terrible fright…

Turn them back, not forward...
And if you do it right...
You will be able to enjoy...
An extra hour of sleep tonight...

© Jeannie Nourse

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone can gain an extra hour sleep tonight! Thanks for reminding, I've been waiting for this day since last week. :P

Minnesotablue said...

My clock has been turned back for two weeks due the powers that be. When they pushed the time back two weeks for daylight savings time my automatic clock just didn,t get it. We tried to set it forward again but it was programed for a specific date. Oh well, we're on target now

Linda Murphy said...

Finally! Arizona doesn't have the clock changing, but now I can call my family on the East Coast at a decent hour!

I loved that extra hour when I lived back East!

david mcmahon said...

Our clocks went forward last weekend - and the days are getting hotter and longer!

fermicat said...

I like your "end of DST" post! The extra hour of sleep was nice, but I will miss the evening daylight...

It always takes me about a week to get over feeling like I am late for work in the mornings. Sunrise is so late in Atlanta Octobers, I usually see it from the parking deck at work.