Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Week Ahead

Last week, I decided to try posting a week's worth of Bushisms at a time. For me, it worked VERY well because then I didn't have to remember to try to put a post up every single day!

There are some - particularly I suppose old friends who have known me since early grade school days who would laugh and say this can't possibly be true, can't be the person they think they know if I were to say here that for the most part this past week, I haven't really had anything to say. I had a reputation from first grade through 12th grade as being a talker - got "Whisper" checkmarks all through elementary school because it seemed I was unable to shut up. Ok, I admit, at times when I get on a writing roll, I can ramble -on and on -forever too - or so it may seem. But there are times when I just really don't seem able to put two and two together -as in words - to make a sentence that even begins to make sense. And the past week - well, it's been one of those type of weeks apparently.

So tonight, I'm gonna post here a week's worth of Bushisms -again.

Monday, July 23, 2007
"I understand small-business growth. I was one." - As quoted in the New York Daily News; February 19, 2000

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
"It's a myth to think I don't know what's going on. It's a myth to think that I'm not aware that there's opinions that don't agree with mine, because I'm fully aware of that." - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; December 12, 2005

Wednesday, July 25, 2007
"The important question is, how many hands have I shaked?" -Answering a question about why he hasn't spent more time in New Hampshire; as quoted in The New York Times; October 23, 1999

Thursday, July 26, 2007
"B ut Iraq has - have got people there that are willing to kill, and they're hard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure their future." - Washington, D.C.; April 28, 2005

Friday, July 27, 2007
"But if you've been laid off work, you're 100 percent unemployed, and I worry about it." - Green Bay, Wisconsin; September 3, 2001

Saturday and Sunday, July 28/29, 2007
"And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin Powell, is with us." - Washington, D.C.; January 30, 2003

There they are folks. Read 'em and weep! Oh, that's what one says when playing poker isn't it? Why is it though somehow, I feel like I've been in a big, losing poker game for oh, say about 7 1/2 years now?

No comments: