Friday, July 25, 2008

Volume Control?

Sometimes, this house gets really, really noisy. With a two-year-old who doesn't talk (although he is starting to say a word here and there now) and a 4 1/2 year old who never seems to shut up -neither of them have ever heard of the term "indoor voice" either, add to that people calling other family members constantly (or so it seems), someone running a lawn mower outside, or a weed eater, people running up and down the street in front of the house with those really loud motorbikes or ATVs and the extraneous noise levels here get pretty bad at times -especially if one is trying to watch a particularly favorite tv program.

I think at times I maybe in need of a hearing aid to be able to know what's being said on some of the shows I really like to watch. My favorite -"The Office" even under the best of circumstances here -like I am the ONLY one in the house, I still have to crank the volume way up in order to follow the dialogue accurately.

I'm thinking these programs all need to use closed captioning so I can follow them ok and enjoy them!

1 comment:

fermicat said...

Houses are noisy even when you don't have the kid factor. I was reminded of that last week when the power went out. It was so quiet without the air conditioner, box fan, fridge, etc. humming and blowing. It was kind of nice, until the house got hot.