Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ah, the Depression of it All!

I'm telling you one thing for sure, the aging process is downright depressing at times!

Really, it is! You get all these little issues that mount up against you -or so it seems -and just sucks the fun right out of some things in the process.

I've never been a shopaholic -although I have atwo daughters who are very inclined to that type of behavior although one recognizes the fact she can't afford all the new stuff she'd like to have for herself and her kids so she has become the "Yard Sale Queen." The other -well, we have finally convinced here that is is perfectly acceptable to shop the clearance racks.

But for me, shopping is downright depressing these days -mainly because my old fat cells appear to have built on several rooms in my body and have invited all their family and friends of fat cells to come "live with me and be my love" -if you know what I mean. Add to that the fact that stores apparently don't seems to stock clothing the same way they used to do either. A few years back, when I was a lot slimmer than I am today, the only clothes that ever seemed to make it to the clearance racks were in the 16-20 size range -just a tad too large. Now that I can use clothes in that range, don't you know the bulk of the clothes on the clearance racks all seem to be 10-14 sizes! Now that is really not just depressing, but downright disgusting too, I say.

Darned near has me convinced I should try some Leptovox and shed a lot of these extra pounds and get the wrinkles out of my face at the same time too!

A "Double-Header" -right?

2 comments:

Berni said...

It's true the sizes do appear to have changed. Probably because everyone is getting plumper even the young ones they are taking all our stuff.

I am sorry you suffer from arthritis so much, I get some in my back once in a while but it is not continuous.

Keith said...

Jeni,

I want you to know that this is not an insult to your weight or health problems. It is only a suggestion. However, I do not know all of your problems, only what you have blogged about.

I noticed that my metabolism slowed way down as I got older. Exercise and a healthy diet can go a long way and even make you feel better. But like I said, some of your issues may not even allow you to exercise.

Exercise can be as easy as a short walk every day. Diet is just pure will power to stick with.

You know part of my story already. Alcoholism and drug addiction until I was 40 years old. When I quit all of that I started running and then the weight fell off and I began to feel better. It was an added benefit to conquering my addictions. I also began eating better.

Just a thought and a suggestion. You are still a beautiful person no matter what your size or health. You have persevered with your positive attitude about all of your issues. Keep pushing on my friend.

Peace!
Keith