Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Grumpy Side

Although I'm pretty sure I got an adequate amount of sleep last night or rather, this morning, I seem to be suffering today from a case of "wrong side of the bed" or the grumpies.

I have a lot of things I need to do between now and Friday night -gotta go get groceries, for openers -fix supper for tonight at some juncture, find time to work some more on a crochet project I have ongoing using super thick fleecy yarn (but thankfully, a very easy to remember pattern!!!). I have to configure in time to bake bread -some to take to a funeral dinner on Saturday for the elderly mother of a good friend, plus have promised to bring a casserole of my homemade macaroni and cheese to said dinner too. (I rarely make the homemade mac'n'cheese these days now since Maya flat out announced a few months ago that she doesn't like this anymore! Say what? The kids, both of 'em, used to scarf this stuff up like it was going to go out of style within the next 10 minutes and now, she won't touch it with a ten-foot pole! She's decided the only Mac'n'cheese she will eat is the kind that comes out of a box and which her mother fixes frequently for the kids for a quick item they will eat when I have fixed something for our supper that neither of them will touch!)

Life sometimes is a whole bunch of "Go figures" so much of the time, isn't it?

I really need to return a phone call too -to my best friend from my working days, a long, long time ago, in D.C. She called one day last week when I wasn't home and I have not yet got around to returning her call. When I do that though, I will need to set aside a minimum of 2 hours of time as our conversations generally tend to be very long-winded! Finding a time when it is convenient for me to set aside that minimum of 2 hours though -just haven't really crossed that bridge just yet!

But, today -as to my case of the grumpies -do you ever wake up feeling like all you want to do is sit in a corner, drink beer, pull your hair out, one strand at a time and cry? That's pretty much the way I'm feeling today and I really hope it passes through on its way to annoy someone else and does it quickly!

Maybe it's just a bit of backlash at me over the news on Sunday of the passing of my very good, dear friend, Helen Ann. But, I know, if I think I'm having difficulty dealing with this loss, it is nothing compared to how her kids are feeling, I'm sure. Along with her surviving sisters, one brother and a kazillion nieces and nephews too -at least, I know my grief process has lots and lots of company right now.

Kids will be home in another 2 hours and I'm assuming so will Mandy! Have no clue what the heck she's up to today but I know it isn't working as she wasn't scheduled for today. The kids will have each of their TSS personnel here this afternoon -after school -too and I need to get things a bit organized before they get here then too.

Just want this dark cloud that's hanging over my head though to hurry up and disappear!

Hope that's not too much to ask.

No comments: