Monday, March 04, 2013

Nite-Nite

So, both kids are now in bed -and actually asleep too -and have been for almost an hour now.

Peaceful time, it is.

Usually.

Not right now though as Muttley -aka Sam -apparently has had his rechargable battery hooked up and now, he's ready, willing (more than willing!) and thinks I am able now to take him outside for a very important stroll.

If I know what's good for me, what's good to keep Mandy's temper under control too where the dog is concerned, I suppose I best get my boots on, grab a hat, at least one scarf -maybe two would be best considering the wind chill factors here tonight -and then get the heavy hooded jacket and mittens too on and flashlight in hand, set out to wander down the road for him to water the snow very liberally and hopefully, even put some other decorations down in a field down the way.

When I had him outside earlier today -about 3 p.m. -I was naive enough to think that maybe it wasn't all that cold out there as I had thought it was going to be. However, that was because in the first part of our walk then, the wind was at my back!

Coming back home and walking with the wind in my face -now there was a whole 'nother story!

Felt like my face was so cold that it was kind of giving sort of a burning sensation.


All that doesn't make the idea of taking him out again now very enticing.

Except for one thing, that is -I like a peaceful home!

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

When its that cold and you have been on a brisk walk...... its a wonderful tingling sensation when you get back to the cosiness of the house, all aglow!
Got to take care of the pets!!!!!

We seem to have Spring here at last though not warm enough to sit out in it without a coat!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

terri said...

It's no fun going out in weather like that, but you have to do what's good for the furry kids, don't you?