Friday, March 15, 2013

Off To A Rough Start...

A couple times this week, Kurtis has had the "Grumpies" when he got up in the morning and today was just a continuation of that issue. Except his so-called problem this morning was that Maya had the tv on in the living room, tuned into some cartoons and apparently, those particular cartoons didn't meet with Kurt's fancy because for a good 5-10 minutes, he was bellyaching away about how he couldn't watch his favorite cartoons.

It's the end of the world, as he knows it, I guess.

The other adult female in the house was up in arms too because it seems dear dumb little mutt decided to lose control of his bladder and whizzed on one of the cushions to the sofa! Sheesh, dog! Give me a break, will ya?

He hasn't done that in quite a while now and I suppose, ultimately it's my fault he had that accident last night or this a.m. because I didn't take him out late last night before I went to bed. But truth be told, I could barely keep my eyes open and was asleep within about 5 minutes after my head hit the pillow!

So, Mandy pulled almost all the cushion covers off the sofa to toss them in the washer. All, that is except for the one the dog used as his private toilet. That one, no matter how we tried, would not come off the cushion! We wiggled and jiggled every way possible to get that cover off and no luck so she tried to wash it down and then, I worked on it some more after she left for work. Hope I got the stain (and smell too) out!

What a heck of a way to start the morning and the beginning of a weekend, to boot!

Now, time for me to get the morning and late last night's dishes -mostly coffee cups -washed up and get cracking on mixing up at least one batch of Swedish Rye Bread. Might actually need to make up two batches of the bread to cover all my bases for the need for that stuff. Company coming this weekend and we can go through at least 1, often 1 1/2 loaves of this bread in one meal here so that doesn't leave much leftover then to use for the coming week, plus what I need to take to church for the funeral dinner there tomorrow and a loaf to this friend, a loaf to another friend -presto magic -it's all gone then before ya know it!

I'm not complaining about how quickly that bread goes -not really -as it does make me feel good to see the family (especially the two younger kids) dive into it and make it history! I enjoy baking it and I love the fact that they love home-baked breads!

Considering the fact that there are so many things I like to cook and enjoy eating but the kids won't even smell it much less ingest some foods, is the main reason I'm really happy to be able to make this and watch them down it with such zest!

Maybe a fresh loaf of bread at supper tonight -still a little warm from the oven -will help to turn the bad attitudes into good ones.

Worth a shot, anyway!

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

I agree that it wasn't the best way to start a day. Hope you manage to get it cleaned up. Over here we have something called 1001. It can clean carpets & upholstery.
No wonder the bread goes fast if its warm and home made. yum!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Suldog said...

Any way to wash it with it on? I'm a guy, so excuse my ignorance :-)