Monday, April 16, 2012

I Surrender!

Well, after fighting for the past almost 2 hours now with my Reader (Google product, Reader) and having not an iota of success, I am ready to surrender, to call it quits, at least for the rest of today.

So, for any of you -and I think most of you know who you are that I subscribe to or that I follow -if you have even a modicum of a clue as to how to get the darned reader to operate correctly, please feel free to contact me via the e-mail address on my blog here!

This happened to me about 3 days ago and I fought with it then for several hours and then, all of a sudden, out of the blue, it started to load, allowed me to click open the blog posts and read and even -amazing as this may seem -marked the blogs off then as having been read!

Today, it stated out doing the same thing to me -not letting me pull up any blog showing on my reader, not even allowing me to open the blog separately from my reader either for that matter and definitely not showing whether I'd read a post or not. Just a big fat nothing.

Then it did break down and allowed me to read all of ten blog posts and marked them off as being read but it wouldn't load up any more of the 60 plus posts waiting for me to read!

And just in case you're wondering, yes indeed, this does piss me off -greatly!

In other computer problems, I also could not sign in for over an hour this morning to a special women's group I subscribe to. My computer kept taking me to a "sign up" page -not to the "sign in" site for people who are already members but finally, that somehow self-corrected.

Then there is the continuing problem I've been having for close to two weeks now on Facebook in that I can't scroll down through posts there using the "down" button on my keyboard. If I use that, it takes me to the absolute bottom of the page so the only way I can scroll down now is via the scroll bar on the right hand side of my screen. If I can get into my reader though, I can go down the page using the "down" button fine and dandy!

Go figure!

So if any of you -my dear readers -have any clues whatsoever as to how to get my stupid, stinking, good-for-nothing, freaking reader to work or to get the "down" arrow on my keypad to stop taking me to the very bottom of the page on Facebook and would let me know -in simple (VERY SIMPLE, EASY TO FOLLOW) English, I sure would be forever in your debt.

And I'll also give you a great reference to become a Google employee to help other dumb-dumbs like me get their systems operating and functioning fully -the way they are supposed to be!

Peace!

No comments: