Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Ear Plugs, Please!

ARRGH!

The next person who gets either -or both -of these kids a toy that makes noise had better been gathering up some life insurance quotes cause if I have my way, their family then is gonna need a good payout from their life insurance policy!

Case in point here.

Yesterday, Mandy took Kurtis for his dental appointment -which went quite well, by the way and thank you for asking. He tolerated the exam in good form, had a good report too on how his teeth were and such so, for all of that good stuff, Mandy found him a new toy.

Some kind of book thing pertaining to the characters in the movie "Cars" -which would be fine except for the fact on the front cover it has a steering wheel and right in the center of that steering wheel is -of all things -a horn!

It would be nice -oh, so very nice -if Kurtis were to take a liking to opening the book and looking at the pictures in it but no, he has to push that darn button for the horn. OVER. AND. OVER. AGAIN!

Please say a prayer that his meds will kick in really quickly now and he'll drift off to sleep soon.

With my luck though, he'll fall asleep with his finger on the button, depressing it constantly until it sticks and then, won't shut off the incessant beating I suppose.

Damn Murphy and his stinky laws too!

8 comments:

CiCi said...

The more he pushes the button the sooner it will break and stop working. Then what will you do?

Diva's Thoughts said...

lol. Too funny. He'll tire of it soon enough.

Suldog said...

Oh, yes, I feel your pain. My nephew loves 'Cars' and everything connected with it. And he has Cars toys that make noise. Oh, yes.

Sandee said...

May mother used to buy my son every noisy toy out there. I did the same with my grandbabies. I know how you feel though. It does drive one up the wall.

Have a terrific day. :)

terri said...

We sure had our share of noisemaking toys as well. And most of them drove me nuts at the time, but I remember them now with fondness. I think those kinds of toys always look so fun to the person buying them, but no one stops to think what it's going to be like to live with that noise day in and day out.

Travis Cody said...

Ooops! I got a dose of that myself once, and it was from the toy I bought for my niece. I got her what I thought was just a cute teddy bear. I didn't see the part on the label where the bear made noise when you squeezed it.

So while watching her one evening when my sister was out, guess what my niece did all night long?

Yup...she squeezed that dang cute bear!

fermicat said...

That sounds like the worst annoyance (no pun intended). I am currently going batty listening to those incredibly irritating noisemakers at the World Cup (husband is watching US match). They never stop - it just buzzes on and on and on.

Jocelyn said...

You can outlast the batteries in that book. You can. You must.

Because they'll die soon enough, based on my experience with such things, and then you'll open it up to try to replace the batteries and realize the batteries are those little round expensive ones, and no way are you going to pay as much for new batteries as you did for the book...and so off to Goodwill it goes.