Monday, June 29, 2009

Danger Zone Ahead!

Sunday, that would be yesterday, ya know, I hadn't had all that much sleep the night before so, shortly before noon, I was a bit tired and decided to take a short nap. I fell right to sleep -no problem -but woke up a little after 1 p.m. and realized I was the only one at home. I had no idea where Mandy and the kids were but I really think it was probably the fact that the house was dead silent that woke me up. Prior to that, with the kids racing and chasing around, quiet was not part of the way the house was operating.

This was one instance in which the fact Mandy has a Facebook account and so do I now that this came in handy. I pulled up my Facebook and there was a parting note, in a manner of speaking from Mandy saying she was on her was to Clearfield with the kids, going to Lowes and also, to Burger King.

Ah, wonderful I thought at first, as I realized I could call her on her cellphone and ask her to bring me something home so I wouldn't have to look for something quick to eat in the fridge then.

Her goal -she said -in going to Lowes was to get more paint so she could repaint one wall in her bedroom -give it a second coat that Bill had decided it needed.

But when she got home, she had the paint (and yes, a sandwich for me too) but she was all hepped up on something she'd seen there too.

Here's the danger zone part of this post: copper kitchen sinks.

Now this was a totally new item for me as I'd never heard of these before. But she was raving -and I do mean raving -about having seen one, in a really sharp red too, she said and my mind immediately started to worry.

Why? Because when she sees something she really likes so much that she is chattering away about it, look out. That means that's usually gonna be something she'll be trying to put on her little list of things she thinks she absolutely MUST HAVE, ya know.

And somehow, I kind of think something like that wouldn't be something she could manage to pick up for a song on one of her many yard/garage sale sprees.

Then again, if she really, really wants it bad enough, it'll be a good thing for her to plan out how to get the money for it,

Right?

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Having a must have list is a fun thing to do. You can plan for it, save for it and someday you get it. I like that kind of thinking very much.

Have a terrific day. :)

Travis Cody said...

I would not be surprised at all if she did find one second hand online somewhere.

Alex the Girl said...

Ah, that could put a wrench in her newly laid out plans! A copper sink. Hmm...Now that could be interesting. I wonder if washing dishes in a copper sink is good for arthritis?