Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm Really Senile!

Boy, talk about getting forgetful! I'm really in mid-stream by the looks of things in forgetting somethings I'd started doing on my blog. Can you believe it but I started posting the Bushisms on Sundays and doing a week's worth of them at a time about two weeks ago -maybe three - and this week, Sunday came and went and I forgot all about posting those lovely little bits of humor from the DUBYA!

Until, that is, this morning. Apparently my morning cup of coffee had a bit of extra caffeine laced in it or something but as I was drinking my wake-up cup, it dawned on me that not only had I forgotten to do this on Sunday but now, here it is already Wednesday and I had still forgotten about them.

So, I best get busy now and put this week's Bushisms up here, hadn't I? Without further ado then, here they are. Better late than never, huh?

Monday, August 6, 2007
'"There are some monuments where the land is so widespread, they just encmpass as much as possible. And the integral part of the --the precious part, so to speak -- I guess, all land is precious, but the part that the people uniformly would not want to spoil, will not be despoiled. But there are parts of the monument lands where we can explore without affecting the overall environment." - Washington, D.C; March 13, 2001

Tuesday, August 7, 2007
"He has certainly earned a reputation as a fantastic mayor, because the results speak for themselves. I mean, New York's a safer place for him to be." - Speaking about Rudy Giuliani on The Edge with Paula Zahn; May 18, 2000

Wednesday, August 8, 2007
"The Senate needs to leave enough money in the proposed budget to not only reduce all marginal rates, but to eliminate the death tax, so that people who build up assets are able to transfer them from one generation to the next, regardless of a person's race." - Washington, D.C.; April 5, 2001

Thursday, August 9, 2007
"See, without the tax-relief package, there would have been a deficit, but there wouldn't have been the commiserate-not 'commiserate' - the kick to ur economy that occurred as a result of the tax relief." - Washington, D.C.; December 15, 2003

Friday, August 10, 2007
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." - Greece, New York; May 24, 2005

Saturday and Sunday, August 11/12, 2007
"Oftentimes, we live in a processed world - you know, people focus on the process and not results." - Washington, D.C.; May 29, 2003

And there they are now! The Bushisms for the week of August 6th through August 11/12, 2007!

3 comments:

dgibbs said...

The Bushism are too funny. I read them to my hardcore republican husband, even he got a kick out of them.

Linda said...

Just thought I would say thanks for reading my "best shot" posts and for your comments - they both came through no problem.

Sounds like you had an absolutely horrible year in 2003, too. Maybe it was the year? Perhaps there was some sort of disturbance in the force? I don't know - all I know is that it was the year that my heart was broken for the final time along with my father passing away unexpectedly during a CAT scan. I was unemployed for the first part of the year as I had left my job as a police dispatcher the August previous as I just didn't want to be a dispatcher anymore but it was beginning to look like that was what I was best at in life and I needed to find something soon before the unemployment ran out.

I can still remember, though, not wanting to leave the house - even to get groceries. I hermitized myself for as long as I could and just hid away from the rest of the world. Had it not been for "Bookworm" then I don't know what I would have done - sat mindlessly in front of the TV perhaps?

At least the old adage was right and time really does heal all things even though sometimes it seems like that is never ever going to happen - ever.

I hope you do take up the challenge of the post and find your "best shot" as I would be very interested in reading it!

lattégirl said...

He meant "commensurate" and couldn't think of the word. What a doofus.