My friend Jen -from the Writer's Life group I belong to - tagged me for the "Eight Things about me Meme" and although I normally have a really hard time trying to think of things about myself that are a little stranger than the norm - that I haven't already 'fessed up to in my blog - I'm going to give this puppy a try here today.
1. I am(was -whatever, however you care to term it) an only child.
2. I asked for a brother or sister for my birthday or Christmas every year till I was about 12-13 years old or so - once I finally figured out my mother couldn't just magically produce a sibling for me by herself!
3. I have three children, three grandchildren and three step-grandchildren.
4. I am a total packrat - although my kids now tell me they have seen a few people who accrue more junk than I do.
5. Although I really do like to sew, knit, crochet, embroider - etc - I'm not really all that good at most of that stuff. Passable, most of the time, but I always manage to have at least one mistake on every project that I don't see until I am finished with it.
6. When my son was a baby, I used to sing "I Am Woman"(by Helen Reddy) to him as a lullaby to counteract the male chauvinistic tendencies his Dad had. My theory was "I may have to live with a male chauvinist but that doesn't mean I have to raise one too." And, judging by my son's attitude, I think that lullaby did what I wanted it to do!
7. My son caught his bedroom on fire back in the spring of 1991 and as a result, he, his younger sister and I all had to live in a motel for almost four months while the house was being repaired. (Not a pleasant thing to try to live with two teenagers in one motel room, for sure.)
8. I was an Avon Representative for 18 years and for 14-15 of those years, was also a top seller in the local district. My CB handle was and still is, "Avonlady" because of that job but I haven't run my cb in several years now -since my son-in-law took it out of my car about 3 years or so back.
So, there you go! Eight things about me that I don't think I have stated on my blog or anyone else's that I can recall anyway! And gee, I lived to tell about it too!
I'm not tagging anyone in particular unless YOU want to take it on and post it on your blog. Now that would be fine and dandy in my book.