Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bushisms - The Week Ahead!

This posting the Bushism of the day by a full week's supply seems to be working quite well for me - as long as I don't forget about doing it on Sunday and then remember on Wednesday of that week that I forgot to post them, that is.

My theory there -"Better late than never!" As well as, remember that I can't remember too!

So, with that in mind, here's the Bushisms for this coming week -covering from August 20th through August 26th.

Monday, August 20, 2007
"I didn't join the International Criminal Court because I don't want to put our troops in the hands of prosecutors from other nations. Look, if somebody has done some wrong in our military, we'll take care of it. We got plenty of capability of dealing with justice. " - Niceville, Florida; August 10, 2004

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
"I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so?...How did you feel when you stood up in the front of the people for the State of the Union Address--state of the budget address, whatever you call it." Interview with The Washington Post; March 9, 2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2007
"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there." - Iowa Western Community College; Council Bluffs, Iowa; January 21, 2000.

Thursday, August 23, 2007
"We got people working all their life at hard work, contributing by payroll taxes into a Social Security system." - Washington, D.C.; May 13, 2005

Friday, August 24, 2007
"I'm confident we can work with Congress to come up with an economic stimulus package that will send a clear signal to the risk-takers and capital formators of our country." - Washington, D.C.; September 17, 2001

Saturday and Sunday, August 25, 26, 2007
"So community colleges are accessible, they're available, they're affordable, and their curriculums don't get stuck. In other words, if there's a need for a certain kind of worker, I presume your curriculums evolved over time." - Niceville, Florida; August 10, 2004

Now, aren't you ever so glad we had this little "learning" time together?

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

It's amazing how that man manages to make my jaw drop open -- and not in a good way.

Tuesday's Bushism was just... too much. They're ALL too much!