Friday, March 05, 2010

Newsflash!!!

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I have, in the past anyway, always been an avid reader. The reading has kind of taken a back seat of late -okay for roughly 18 months now almost -to the passion for doing embroidery projects but I do still love books.

Both Mandy and I are AVID fans of the author, Jodi Picoult. And we have a copy of every single book she has written too. That also includes her newest book which was scheduled to be released this week.

Mandy happened to notice the last time she was at Barnes and Noble that you could pre-order the newest book and it would be shipped so that it would arrive on the release date. Which then explains how and why two days ago the UPS guy stopped here and placed our copy of the book -"House Rules" in between the storm door and the inside door on the front of our house.

I snagged that book up immediately and began reading it. I knew if I didn't do that, I'd then have to wait for Mandy to read it and well, I was very much looking forward to this book -maybe even a tad more than she was.

And today -two days later -yes I have read the book -just finished it maybe an hour ago now.

I will tell nothing here of what the book is about -other than to state that one of the main characters is a young man with Asperger's Syndrome and it is, as are many of Ms. Picoult's books, a mystery.

And let me tell you this much though, Mandy and I both have problems with Eczema and by the time I finished this book, I thought I was going to have a hole dug through my little finger from scratching -sheer nerves -and definitely, if this book has the same affect on Mandy as it did on me, we're really gonna need a refill of the eczema treatment prescription we have here someplace!

Yes, it was THAT good, that interesting, and yes -I loved it!

But then too -probably to the chagrin of a few of my readers -neither Mandy or I have come across a Jodi Picoult book yet that we didn't love.

And to blogger friend, Terri-Terri -up in Minneapolis -hope you run right out and get your copy ASAP too now!

6 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

Glad you enjoyed it!

CiCi said...

I am a huge Jodi Picoult fan as well. I have read every one of her books and now need to get this one. Thanks for the info.

janet copenhaver said...

I am another fan of Jodi Picoult, I have the very book sitting on the table waiting to be read. Think I'll try to get to it this evening.
Lordy you read fast! I need to be calm and not worried about something or I can't concentrate. That leaves me little time for reading!!!

Travis Cody said...

I love it when a book grabs you and you just have to keep going and going until you finish. I hate when it's over, but I love the process!

fermicat said...

I don't pre-order, but it is such a treat to find a new book by my favorite authors. Especially when I wasn't expecting it.

Deb said...

Another Jodi Picoult fan right here ! I had recently read a blurb about her newest book and am looking forward to reading it. She hasn't disappointed me yet. Glad you enjoyed it. Take care.