Saturday, May 19, 2012

Potential Safeguard Maybe?

If you recall about 3 weeks ago now -or so -I wrote a post that had the story in it about a neighbor who complained about our dog on Facebook. She accused us of deliberately letting the dog run loose and was debating then about if she should call the dog law enforcement officer or what.

Well, my blogger buddy, Terri, commented that she felt this person was just trying to stir up trouble because a lot of people -especially on Facebook -do seem to enjoy doing things like that and in that respect, I agree a lot more with Terri than she realizes! The complaining party does seem to very much enjoy stirring up a bunch of crapola within certain neighbors here and with respect to that aspect, I'm taking Terri's advice and ignoring her. (Actually, I've been doing that for several years now ever since she made some really obnoxious comments/accusations against a couple other neighbors that I knew were totally false too!

But, at the same time, I've also been giving some thought to trying to find a way to give Sammy a chance to have a bit more opportunity for fresh air -and relief for himself too -that would be relatively affordable for us as well.

With that in mind, I found this site about dog gates at DogKennels.com that has some products that are probably as close to be affordable as Mandy and I will ever come to finding! (Other than if someone were to give us fencing or if we found something totally dirt cheap at a yard sale.)

I don't know if something like this would work that well for Sammy -any more so than our current procedure of putting him out on a lead that is tied to the front door stoop. He doesn't like being outside with no one else around him so when he's tied up there, he tends to cry, then starts jumping on the door, practically rattling the glass out of the frame and very much messing up the window that way with his paw prints all over it! He also doesn't care for going to the bathroom in the yard either and usually waits till we walk him to do that. His personal preference there tends to be wherever he can find a very thick, grassy spot, a tiny bit on the high side, along the roadside. I think he likes to semi-hide himself while doing his business and also, the higher grass there maybe is to tickle his behind or some such! Who knows with dogs what they like and why, ya know!

So anyway, I'm thinking maybe one of these pen type units might work, if in the back yard and he at least could be free to run around a little then -sort of!

Now to configure the budget so I can actually manage to save a couple of bucks too! Yeah, I know. Good luck with that, huh?

No comments: